IGNORED

New Helmet

RoadKill

This is just me Jay, but I would be concerned with having 2 shields to look through about distortion and fogging up. It's an interesting helmet, but I tend to look at things and try to keep them simple. LOTS of moving and pivoting parts, my real concern with that would be it's durability. For the price though I dont think if it did puke out that you would be loosing a lot of money say like with a Simpson or Arai.....0.98 less tha a buck

:2cents:

Squid raises a good point. Some that I ride with have the dual shields - with no problem. However, if she wears glasses / sun glasses - I would suggest trying a helmet on with that feature - as couple of people I ride with had to return them as they closed down on the glasses. Just my two cents.

I have the HJC symax 2 modular helmet with a flip down tinted inner visor like that. Kinda like the fighter pilot helmets have. It works VERY well. It is like retractable sunglasses. and when they are retracted they are protected from scratches, unlike my sunglasses that go in my pocket or trunk. Great for early evening rides when the sun goes away. just retracted the visor with one button push.

I don't know if that helps, but that is my experience. Unfortunately the HJC helmet is about $270. If this helmet is anywhere near as nice as my HJC it is a steal at that price.

I forgot to mention that the inner visor is far enough away from the outer that it never fogs up. Not even an issue with the Symax 2.

Edited by wkboard
forgot to mention fog

I have the HJC symax 2 modular helmet with a flip down tinted inner visor like that. Kinda like the fighter pilot helmets have. It works VERY well. It is like retractable sunglasses. and when they are retracted they are protected from scratches, unlike my sunglasses that go in my pocket or trunk. Great for early evening rides when the sun goes away. just retracted the visor with one button push.

I don't know if that helps, but that is my experience. Unfortunately the HJC helmet is about $270. If this helmet is anywhere near as nice as my HJC it is a steal at that price.

I forgot to mention that the inner visor is far enough away from the outer that it never fogs up. Not even an issue with the Symax 2.

Did you put the audio with mic into this helmet? If so, what type of mic.

This is just me Jay, but I would be concerned with having 2 shields to look through about distortion and fogging up. It's an interesting helmet, but I tend to look at things and try to keep them simple. LOTS of moving and pivoting parts, my real concern with that would be it's durability. For the price though I dont think if it did puke out that you would be loosing a lot of money say like with a Simpson or Arai.....0.98 less tha a buck

:2cents:

I use the HJC fs10 full face with the flip down inside visor and love it, especially for the price. It gives me clear vision , has never fogged on me, But i do pop the front when stopped occasionally. here is the link from NewEnough . http://www.newenough.com/helmets_eyewear/closed_face/hjc/fs_10_matte_motorcycle_helmet.htmlIt is great not having to carry sunglasses along and I should add that I wear my glasses while wearing the helmet and the sunvisor doesnt touch my glasses at all, some times i will ride with the shield open and the visor down and it works fine too.

Heres a review http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/riders-gear/370831-helmet-review-hjc-fs-10-a.html

Brian

Edited by friesman

Jay, Took a look at the site and will say the helmet 'looks' good. Am assuming it is mail order only? If not I would certainly check for a local dealer if possible or see if they plan to have a vender at any shows you might be able to visit. Absolutely nothing better than placing your hands on the item, especially for proper sizing. I am using the similar designed Nolan N-1 and have used it for about 2-3 years. It is a very good helmet, I love the drop down tinted visor however can see the benefit in one that is actually internal (vs external on the Nolan) as on the one your looking at and also the new HJC that has an internal drop visor. Additionally, the hands on allows you to give a better judgement on overall quality a picture can't. How well built is it, internal feel, hinge movement, etc. On the Nolan I really like the double latch lock on the rising chin bar, covers possible release during an actual accident. Experience has also shown that often times price is indicative of fit, feel, operation, quality and protection. Like a buddy of mine says, "If you have a nickel noggin put it in a nickel helmet". If you decide to get this one keep us informed as to your experience with it, it very well may be the deal of the day. Best of luck.

I tried to get one and everybody was sold out. I found a VCAN helmet with all the same features. It cost $141.00 with shipping. A little more money, but at least you could get it. I think (can't remember) I got it on amazon.com. A very good fit and finish, and no distortion through both lenses, I wear glasses also, and I had no problrems. And, with the lower chin guard you get no air blowing up in your helmet. At times, you do have to open the visor when you stop or it will fog up. Hope this helps you.

:Venture:

Jay, Took a look at the site and will say the helmet 'looks' good. Am assuming it is mail order only? If not I would certainly check for a local dealer if possible or see if they plan to have a vender at any shows you might be able to visit. Absolutely nothing better than placing your hands on the item, especially for proper sizing. I am using the similar designed Nolan N-1 and have used it for about 2-3 years. It is a very good helmet, I love the drop down tinted visor however can see the benefit in one that is actually internal (vs external on the Nolan) as on the one your looking at and also the new HJC that has an internal drop visor. Additionally, the hands on allows you to give a better judgement on overall quality a picture can't. How well built is it, internal feel, hinge movement, etc. On the Nolan I really like the double latch lock on the rising chin bar, covers possible release during an actual accident. Experience has also shown that often times price is indicative of fit, feel, operation, quality and protection. Like a buddy of mine says, "If you have a nickel noggin put it in a nickel helmet". If you decide to get this one keep us informed as to your experience with it, it very well may be the deal of the day. Best of luck.

Well at least Leather up has a no hassle return policy, so if we get the wrong size or don't like it no problem.

My wife and I both have the HJC Sy-MAXII helmet and absolutely love them.

Until I put this one on I would not wear a full face cause I hated feeling like my mean

old Great Aunt was pinching my cheeks in to the fish face mode. The inner drop down

visor is wonderful and I have had no problems with it hitting my glasses. I use it when

riding west bound at the end of the day in addition to my sunglasses. I have also used

it when I have forgotten my sunglasses. Never a problem and great device.

As for the mics we have the Chatter Box set up and the mic reach up under with no problems.

I would recommend this helmet to anyone looking for a good full face flip up chin bar type helmet.