IGNORED

Michigan

FROG MAN

No wonder Squid wants to get out of Michigan. It's the home of Hell. I think it's froze over to.

The History of Hell Michigan

Hell was first settled in 1838 by George Reeves and his family. George had a wife and 7 daughters – no reason to call it Hell yet… George built a mill and a general store on the banks of a river that is now known as Hell Creek...

The mill would grind the local farmers grain into flour; George also ran a whiskey still, so a lot of times the first 7-10 bushels of grain became moonshine.

In turn, horses would come home without riders, wagons without drivers….someone would say to the wife, where is your husband?

She’d shrug her shoulders, throw up her arms and exclaim, Ahh, he’s gone to Hell!”

In 1841 when the State of Michigan came by, and asked George what he wanted to name his town, he replied, “Call it Hell for all I care, everyone else does.” So the official date of becoming Hell was October 13, 1841...

And it's not even winter yet!!

We are expecting 8 to 10 inches tomorrow and possibly another 8 to 10 Sunday!

Looks like I will be spending the weekend in the house preparing for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners. Yes, both. We have my wife's former in-laws (she was widowed young) on Eve, and then my wife's family on Christmas. 10 to 12 on Eve, 18 to 20 on Christmas.

Everyone expects bigger and better than last year so I will have to do some real planning. Might have to take some ideas from the "What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten" thread.

RR

Yea...you tell em Dan. I loved the weather that you arranged for ME this week. :)

I got back home a few minutes ago....we are supposed to get some of that ice tonight.

By the way, it was great seeing you.

Hey Don, just wanting you to feel "at home" while you were down here. Supposed to get more tonite, then 50 by daylight and trending downwards from there. 17's the high by Sunday..........

It was great to see you, too. Glad we're "in the business" so we can see each other every once in a while. Next time, I'll make sure to get you out to the house for that dinner I promised you, but I knew you didn't want MY cooking this time.........

No wonder Squid wants to get out of Michigan. It's the home of Hell. I think it's froze over to.

The History of Hell Michigan

Hell was first settled in 1838 by George Reeves and his family. George had a wife and 7 daughters – no reason to call it Hell yet… George built a mill and a general store on the banks of a river that is now known as Hell Creek...

The mill would grind the local farmers grain into flour; George also ran a whiskey still, so a lot of times the first 7-10 bushels of grain became moonshine.

In turn, horses would come home without riders, wagons without drivers….someone would say to the wife, where is your husband?

She’d shrug her shoulders, throw up her arms and exclaim, Ahh, he’s gone to Hell!”

In 1841 when the State of Michigan came by, and asked George what he wanted to name his town, he replied, “Call it Hell for all I care, everyone else does.” So the official date of becoming Hell was October 13, 1841...

Guess so, here's the proof that Hell froze over....BTW we could use some of the precipitation. :big-grin-emoticon: