IGNORED

2nd gear tech bulletin

PEIslander

AS far as I know there never was a recall for this but some were repaired under warranty. The second gear failure usually happened around 50K miles. The tech bulletin just tells the dealers to use the improved parts when doing the repair. Someone had requested this in another post but I thought it should be in the tech library as well.

I will be doing the 2nd gear repair this winter and I also developed a noise in the middle gear area on Friday and don't know what I'm in for there. My bike has 84,000 km on it which is close to 50k miles.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried to order these two parts with a local Yamaha dealer and he said he can't find the "new" part numbers handwritten on the tech bulletin PDF. Has anyone successfully ordered the upgraded washers and if so, what are the part numbers?

Thanks

I tried to order these two parts with a local Yamaha dealer and he said he can't find the "new" part numbers handwritten on the tech bulletin PDF. Has anyone successfully ordered the upgraded washers and if so, what are the part numbers?

Thanks

From a second gear fix pdf

5A8-17529-00 Washer Thrust (2 required)

90201-252K4 Washer Plate (170-16154-02)

These numbers are on page #8 from the 1st list, of the parts listings

I am enclosing the pdf I printed, as it seems easier to read (to me) than the current page.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=508

Also check the parts listing for a 85 or 86 venture as these will have the updated parts needed.

That link, comes up, with heading on page, XV 12, thats the early 1st Gens.

1200 CC engines !

Yes, the 1300 cc engines, do not need the second gear fix.

Just thought of something, could there be a difference in the CDN & USA part #, as that write up was done in BC Canada.

OK thanks- so is the (170-16154-02) just part of the description and the 90201-252k4 the actual PN?

Thanks again

90201-252k4 was the part # at time of writing, the (170-16154-02) is an OLD part#. Part # sometimes change, for different reasons, improved part for an example.