I have a stock '06 RSTD with K&N air filters and I just installed a set of BUB Sleepers. What a difference in throttle response and power! With this increased air flow, how do I know if I need to re-jet? The bike runs great, but I don't want to risk any damage to my bike. I'm sure some of you guys have had the same set up, what did you do?

Thanks,

David

You should not need to. Carb Sync,Yes.

Agreed, a definite carb sync and you should be good to go. If you have a colortune available then I would see how the fuel is burning, but I have not had to put a jet kit in any of my RSV's just by changing the exhaust and filters

I'm new to 4 cylinder bikes. I have what may be a stupid question. Why would a change in air filter and slip-ons necessitate a carb sync? :think:

You are changing the amount of flow through the carbs and this will effect how the carbs work together. The sync will make sure that all of the carbs are opening at the same time. Anytime I ever screw around with air intake or exhaust I always check the sync, it has always been different each time I have played with them.

I have a stock '06 RSTD with K&N air filters and I just installed a set of BUB Sleepers. What a difference in throttle response and power! With this increased air flow, how do I know if I need to re-jet? The bike runs great, but I don't want to risk any damage to my bike. I'm sure some of you guys have had the same set up, what did you do?

Thanks,

David

I have a 06 RSTD with K&N and the Bub sleepers and did not have to do a thing.

I have a set of baron's bag slash slip-ons and stock air scrubbers and popping on decel is so bad I'm going to have to get it jetted. I didn't want to add the K&N because I didn't want to find out what would happen if I changed anything else :-)

We have two other people out of about 50 with slip-ons on their RS and so far both have had to have their bikes jetted.

I asked probably every person on this board if rejetting was needed before putting on slip-ons so this may be unique to this area of PA, the way our bikes are set up, etc. I've also eliminated every possible source of vacuum leak so it's not that...

Regards,

gp