Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Venture vs Goldwing...which is best?

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Venture vs Goldwing...which is best?

I am just curious as to how you guys rank the Venture against the Goldwing? I personally like my Venture better then the Wing and the biggest reason is i think the Venture is a more comfortable bike. There are things that the Goldwing has that i wish my Venture had like Reverse and fuel injection being the two main ones but i think the Venture has more comfy seats and i like the floorboards way better then the pegs and upright seating position that the Goldwing has. It actually feels very vintage and outdated to me when i sit on one and ride it.

I am basically just talking about comfort here, forget the looks, price difference, fuel injection, and reverse etc. If the Wing and the Venture were the same price and you wanted a nice comfortable touring bike based on the smoothness of the ride and the comfort level between the two bikes, which bike would you buy? The Venture honestly gets my vote. I have ridden a Goldwing but not on a long distance trip or anything like that. From what i see the RSV just seems like a more comfortable bike and if i was going on a 1000 mile trip, it seems to me like the Venture would be the more comfortable choice. Agree or disagree?

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Venture would be my choice too but I'll bet there's going to be some going on now!

Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you will get any unbiased opinion to your question, seeing as this is a venture forum. But I will say, that my goal has always been to get to a Gold Wing eventually. They are pretty expensive, but extremely well engineered. The GPS, ABS, fuel injection, tons of storage, heated seats and grips, and all the other standard accessories. The 6 cylinder engine, is so well balanced and placed, that the bike feels much smaller, than its size appears. But, I just hope if I do get a Gold wing, you guys will still have me as a member here!

Canada
    BC
    Post Thanks / Like

I would buy the Venture simply because I prefer the looks of it over the Wing. There are other reason's but that one alone is enuf.

Louisiana
    LA
    Post Thanks / Like

The Goldwing Trike is the only scoot I would give up my Venture for at this point in time.

If Yamaha produces a 3rd Gen Venture with decent upgrades and styling I will buy one in 2010.......If not then I will be looking to obtain the Goldwing Trike.

I have tried several Goldwings in the past year and there is simply not enough leg room for me.......Grrrrrrr.

Dual State Ride Captain of the Patriot Guard Riders
    USN-Retired Chief Petty Officer
    Combat Vets Association

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Venture for me... I need the Cruiser riding position... The GW is more of a Standard Tourer while the RSV is a Cruiser Tourer... I had a Wing a few years ago but my knees were in better shape then... Agree with others the RSV is better looking too...

The GW and the BMW Tourers are in a class by themselves being Standards... While the Cruiser Full Dressed Tourers are RSV, Harley Dressers, Victory Vision, and the new Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager... At least that's where I draw the line

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Look in my garage.

There is a 2007 RSV, there is not a Goldwing.......

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the looks of the new Goldwing. As far as comfort though the Venture wins hands down and that is why I have one.
    http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users12/marinerfan/default/feat-msg-116156025372.jpg

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like floorboards, heal-toe shifter,classic look and the comfort of the seat position.
    Rydn Out Guided by Voices
    Sign by BuddyRich - HERE"S YOUR SIGN !!

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually prefer the looks of the Goldwing, but could not get myself to spend that kind of money for a bike that was not as comfortable, and didn't come with a 5 year warranty.

I wouldn't mind fuel injection, but not really a big deal to me. What I do like about the 'Wing is the quieter air bubble, and ABS option. But not for $6K more.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRich View Post
    I like floorboards, heal-toe shifter,classic look and the comfort of the seat position.

.....plus it looks cool!
    Gunboat....I eagerly await the day we can ride together again, Godspeed my brother

Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i love the venture

i picked the 86 venture as i love the way it looks. i am amazed at the power and handling. i sometimes ride on the sporty side and this bike will do it well. i have ridden many wings(except the new 1800) and for me i could not ride it in what i call a sporty fashion, when i did everything was scraping and i was not pushing as hard as i can. both bikes can roll on the miles for long distance.
    reverse would have come in handy a couple of times.
    when it came to buying a bike, the venture was my personal choice.
    cheers, Scott
    cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Venture, for comfort

I don't want my feet underneath me with my knees curled up all the time. That's a requirement on a Goldwing, with my 34-inch inseam. RSV lets me sit comfortably.

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ahoutzer View Post
    I don't want my feet underneath me with my knees curled up all the time. That's a requirement on a Goldwing, with my 34-inch inseam. RSV lets me sit comfortably.
    Me too and my inseam is only 30". Besides RSV looks like a motorcycle you can see and recognize the motor, the GW look like a Mazda Miata on two wheels.
    Safe Riding, Joe

United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yamaha wins!!!

There's no better bike than the goldwing and I've had about 7 of them in the last 10 years. I put 70,000 miles on my 2002 Goldwing and while it was a great bike, I wanted a bike that looked like a bike. Also, the Venture is a lot more comfortable on a longer ride. It's not as peppy or smoothe but it has the looks. I'd like to see the venture with abs and reverse.
    Eddie

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast