IGNORED

Gas Leak

Hi All haven't posted in awhile and haven't even been on the bike this year for a number of reasons but yesterday was a real disappointment! I was all ready to go to Anacortes Washington for the Oyster Run which is one of my favorite bike days of the year, especially on a nice day! The day broke with a beautiful sunrise and I stopped for a coffee before hitting the US border. When I came out I noticed a wet spot under the bike and thought dam, I must not have tightened the oil plug after I changed the oil on Saturday. Nope, when I bent down and for a closer inspection it turned out to be straight gasoline!!!! It was dripping out of my tank straight down onto the heads and spark plug then running down the back of the engine and transmission! When I moved the chrome trim the gas literally poured out from a small hole like a stream! The clear coat must have been holding it to a dribble and when I wiped the bubbling clear coat and move the chrome trim this is what happened, which put a quick end to the day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/pocored/IMG_7697.jpg

Here is a shot from this morning after emtying the tank and getting it ready to go to the dealer tomorrow as warranty expires next week! The tank is upside down and the tab on top is the rail or seam that runs down the bottom edge of the tank when it is in the right position.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/pocored/IMG_7810.jpg

The picture clearly shows five or six pin holes that have been fixed and then you can see the paint and clear coat over them right in the bottom fold area at the rear of the tank. It looks like a factory repair was not done properly! Has this been an issue or am I just the lucky one?

• 1 month later...