Has anyone else had problems with the intercom and radio on their Venture? I have an 07 and I have recently had the intercom system squeel and chirp. When this happens none of the controls for the radio or intercom work. I have to unplug the head sets and turn the bike off in order to use the radio and intercom (it seems like it resets adn all is good for a while). I have also had problems with the radio with the only control that works in the volume none of the other buttons work.

I have not had a chance to take it into the dealer yet. Just looking to see if others have experienced this.

Sounds like loose connections. I would take it back to the dealer. A few here have fixed the radio buttons not responding by taking the fairing apart and then using some di-electric grease in the adio connectors in there. I don't remember anyone have a squeal/feedback problem. Is the CB on or off ?

Mine was doing that at about 60 degrees and colder last winter (we don't see 60 until winter around here). In my case all of the buttons would stop working but the volume control still worked. A couple of time the display lighting would even fade out. Since it only had trouble when cold I figured the dealer would never find it if it didn't act up for them.

I eventually fixed it by shooting a little WD40 in the connector and plugged it in and out a few times to clean the contacts. Then a little dielectric grease to seal the plug.

Jerry

My CB was off. I do not get the feedback squeel when the intercom was off. I thought something may have changed with the placement of the microphone and earphones but this was not the case.

I have to agree that it is probably a connection issue.

This weekend I had the same problem as AZSpyder. I had to stop and turn the engine off and turn the key on to change channels or volume on the intercome system or even operate the CB.

Edited by jjulson

Guest razazee

I have an 08 Venture and my radio controls would stop working in the cold / damp weather as several mentioned here. I took her to the dealer and they are aware of the issue. The radio is from Clarion and they are replacing the handlebar control box as folks are complaining about it. My dealer was very helpful in contacting Clarion and they replaced the unit.

I heard the folks here have sprayed and greased the connectors to get it to work. I choose to let my dealer repair / fix the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I too get a Loud peircing squeel but have narrowed it down to only when the intercom is on and the rear headset is unplugged. Occasionally you get a loud chirp plugging in either front or rear head set.

Just recently I started getting it when you turn the handlebars to far at a stop, normally moveing handlebars from one side to other normally stops this. I think it is the cord from front head set to wherever it goes.

I never get the squeel when the intercom is low or off.

NOW I did have problems with the CB acting up, it would freeze radio controls etc.. and lastly I had a problem with not hearing anything from the CB but could transmit. I correct these problem (I am hoping, so far so good), by dielectric grease all the plugs making sure ground wire on the rear of control/radio unit (in fairing) was good and tying all those plugs with a tie rap to the little knotch on the right side on the inner fairing.

Brad

About a week ago my radio started acting up. The controls, except for volume, would freeze up after awhile. Just like some of you have noted, turning the bike off and restarting cured it for awhile, then it would freeze again.

The head is now being replaced by the dealer.

You guy's posting all these problems....... You must have jinxed me..... My bike radio just seized this weekend just as you are talking about. I have to stop reading some of these posts talking about problems, I think my bike is having a sympathetic response and I don't like it. LOL

You guy's posting all these problems....... You must have jinxed me..... My bike radio just seized this weekend just as you are talking about. I have to stop reading some of these posts talking about problems, I think my bike is having a sympathetic response and I don't like it. LOL

My sentiments exactly!! LOL!!

When mine seized, I was riding home from up north with a northern channel and as it was getting staticky I tried to change the channel but it wouldn't. I tried turning the radio off, as well as the CB, but neither would shut off. Fortunately my volume control worked, so I could lower the volume of static for the rest of the ride home.

If you bike is under warrenty why not take it to the dealer and have them work one it? The service department at the dealer I work with said he had contacted Yamaha and there has not been issues reported to them.

If we take it to the dealer this can help us all.