IGNORED

CB radios bike to bike

Tartan Terror

In my Motorcycle club we are trying to get better communications. Now not everyone has the Gem of a bike I have with CB already on it so we area looking to purchase a few portable setups that arent permanantly fixed to the bike so that the road captain can have them to designate people as assistants. What I am looking for is recommendations on which type we should look at. I want it to be portable (handheld that can be worn by the rider) and a headset that isnt attached permanantly to an individual helmet.. Does anyone have any good ideas. I have seen one by Chatterbox but we need a few that work good.

I just picked up one of the Cobra 38ST's. It does have the jacks for speaker and mic. Bought it a week before VWIII but it never showed in time to bring it along. Just going to velcro wrap it to one of the risers. Can't really speak about performance because it's been sitting on the desk since it arrived, but it seems to have a lot of features and looks like a quality unit.

I have made up a bracket that holds the radio securely. It is easy to see the display and easy to change channels and select scan etc. Since the photo was taken I have modded the aerial to make it connect to an external aerial mounted on my trunk. The bracket mounts via a bolt to the redundant mirror stem hole. I wrap the velcro PPT to the left hand flap where I can easily push it and it stays there.