IGNORED

last update on my goldwing

Snarley Bill

well i have really tried to pick this scoot to pieces. only two complaints, biggest is i need more time to ride it, and rough front suspension. i plan on fixing those two. it is the ultimate do it all road bike bar none. i tried to hate it, just won't happen. not prejudist cuz i own one, just can't lie about it. honda did good. i picked at it and it just keeps fighting me back and doing everything absolutly perfect, so i guess i have to throw in the towel and love it. what a machine. let the bashing begin. bill :stirthepot::2133:

Just remember Bill, this St, Jude ride is being sponsored by VentureRider, not the GWA, so I sure hope you ride one of your Yammies to Memphis............:stirthepot::stirthepot:

well i have really tried to pick this scoot to pieces. only two complaints, biggest is i need more time to ride it, and rough front suspension. i plan on fixing those two. it is the ultimate do it all road bike bar none. i tried to hate it, just won't happen. not prejudist cuz i own one, just can't lie about it. honda did good. i picked at it and it just keeps fighting me back and doing everything absolutly perfect, so i guess i have to throw in the towel and love it. what a machine. let the bashing begin. bill :stirthepot::2133:

Well since I gave you the Wing fever lets see who else catches it...:scratchchin:

Cons: The two things I have to say about the Wing is the air filter & C\B? Came with no C\B package, but that has been installed & works perfect. And having to remove the whole top area just to change the air filter. But I will fix that problem with a K\N air filter won't have to worry about that problem any more. But since I know now how it is put together its not so bad, just the first time makes it hard but once your over that its a lot easier...

Pros: This machine never gives up not once did it fail me. Yes Honda did its work indeed. The Wing ran perfect in Eureka Springs hill country ran most of the time in Fourth gear in the winding roads and hill areas never did buck or stall even at 30mph in fourth gear going up hills it always came back fighting. And the balance is unreal for a touring bike. I seen you lean your Wing in the twisty at 40-50 mph and not once did it ever get out of hand even with two up the balance is still unreal, plus there were times I seen you make sparks due to the lean in the curves.. Yes the Wing stayed right up with the Venture with no problems..And the Wing still got 45mpg. I too have put this machine to the test and it always came back fighting and ready for more. So like you I also Love this machine..

I would Love to have a Venture too if they can get the balance down low like the Wing then my knee could handle it.. So I'm figuring the New 2010 Venture coming out will be a new beast with the 1800cc motor and be a perfect balance touring bike hope anyway..

Buddy

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm not going to say if money was better that I wouldn't have one but probally not just a few more 1st Gens. Would like to have a little more power off the line. Got a kid on a 1300 VTX ??? at work that is looking at the old man like he wants to see if "UGLY" will run.

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm not going to say if money was better that I wouldn't have one but probally not just a few more 1st Gens. Would like to have a little more power off the line. Got a kid on a 1300 VTX ??? at work that is looking at the old man like he wants to see if "UGLY" will run.
you can dust that vtx. go for it. i figure the wing is sorta a modernized 1rst gen with a car motor. boy do she got power. :2133:

Big D,

If ugly is half the bike as old blue there's no Q? about it, ugly will eat his lunch. Just let Yammer Dan loose!!! And show this kid what the V4 Beast can do!!!!!!!!!

When Yamaha created the Venture it not only created a motorcycle it created a Legend that will never die.....

Buddy

Big D,

If ugly is half the bike as old blue there's no Q? about it, ugly will eat his lunch. Just let Yammer Dan loose!!! And show this kid what the V4 Beast can do!!!!!!!!!

When Yamaha created the Venture it not only created a motorcycle it created a Legend that will never die.....

Buddy

+10 :)

No they are good bikes. The only thing I dont care for is the motor sticking out so far foot issues. I got a chance to screw around with a friend in the Ozarks this past weekend he riding his Goldwing me on the Venture. He had me off the line every time but I could keep up fairly well never could catch him though. He was getting 37-40 mpg up to 80 mph I was getting 32 mpg at 75-80mph what a drag.

i always get 44 to 45 mpg. got 46.6 on the last tank. i use 10w-30 mobil1 energy conserving extended life. worst i ever got was 42 on break in oil. they are strong on the hole shot. they got balls out power from idle on up. i had trouble with the pegs at first but figured ive been riding with foot pegs for 45 years so i'm fine with them now. hardly ever use my highway boards anymore. :2133: