IGNORED

Hannigan Trike Conversion

GunnyButch

Does anyone have the Hannigan conversion? I'm thinking about having one put on my 02 soon and was looking for comments about the Hannigan or about trikes in general. I was wondering about the steering, will the handlebars return to the neutral position or do you have to pull them back to center?

Don't have experience with the Hannigan company but have seen several this past summer at a Trikers rally. They do make a quality product and have an excellent reputation from what research I've done prior to building my trike. I used Tri-Wing due to me being able to build the trike myself ,thus saving labor costs. Hanningan and Champion both make trike conversions for the Ventures . But they both require a dealer or factory install.

As to your question on steering a trike will generally tend to steer itself straight. So will self return if you will. Unless you also have the fork trees raked you might get some wobble at lower speeds, say 15-35 mph. By wobble I'm refering to the wheel wanting to flop from one side to the other. Not a lot or extreme but enough to shake the handle bars. I had my fork trees raked by Steer-Rite and don't experince this at all.

Any other questions here just ask amd I'll help if I can

Larry

We talked with a Hannigan Trike Rep at Star Days. He invited us to Kentucky to their factory to tour it and even to test drive a trike. He was very open with the costs and even showed us the price list he was working off of. We thought that they were worth looking closer at if we decide to go that way in the future.

Thanks. I was planning on installing the rake kit they make, the dealer said it moves the front end about 4 inches forward, he also mentioned the tendency to shake without it. We haven't talked price yet and he has an 06 RSV Hannigan I will test drive before we agree on price. The dealer is about 50 miles from where I live so it will be a couple weeks before I can get up there.