IGNORED

Ignition Switch

Yesterday, After returning from Pilots Home, Which by the way that Guy adjusted my Carbs and Its Never run that good, Thanks Jim!!!! any way, I got home and when I removed the Key it was pretty warm... Well an Hour later I started the bike up and reved it a time or two and put her away. Well the Key was very warm and the Ignition switch was also very warm. I removed the two allen heads and pulled the cover on the tank and the whole Barrel for the key was very warm, almost uncomfortable to touch very long. I left the cover off and in about 4-5 hours checked it again. It was cool. Now it did sit in the sun but i wouldnt think it should get that hot. Everything works so, do I have a switch going up or is it something I shouldnt worry about. Heat like that to me means a large Amp draw some place, but i could be wrong..:mytruck: I dont want to end up like this...

If you have added the running lights on your bike you may want to run them off of a relay. That will help some of the ignition switch load.

Shutting them off when not needed is another option that may help the switch, last longer as well

BRad

Sounds like high load to me, even without additional lighting there is alot of amps being pulled through the switch, all the lighting goes through one connection inside which is the one that goes bad. I put the lighting circuit on a relay.

The heat is gone.

Gary