IGNORED

carb jetting

Guest bikerrrbob

Guest bikerrrbob

Hello, thanks for welcoming me to this forum,

I have a 2005 Royal Star with custom exhaust installed at the dealer, he also rejetted the carbs, thing is, sinse then It's been getting lousy fuel mileage, less than 200 km's on a tank at 110 km's/hr. I think he went too big with the jets but I don't know what the factory settings are, main, pilot, ect., also thinking of installing a K&N air breather to help out.

Any help on this matter would be apreciated.

Bikerrrbob

Welcome aboard. Were just the mufflers changed, or were the head pipes also changed for bigger ones? A muffler only swap doesn't generally require rejetting. Usually just backing out the pilot mixture screws a bit is enough.

Stock jet sizes: pilots are #15, and mains are #122.5 for cylinders 1 and 2, #117.5 for cylinder 3, and #120 for cylinder 4. The staggered main jetting is a little strange. No one has a real good explanation for it, especially being a water cooled engine. But that's what they did.

K&N air filters don't require rejetting either, which tells me that they do absolutely nothing for increasing the airflow or performance on this bike, or else they would require rejetting.

In MY 2006 Venture I run a 17 pilot in all carbs and up one jets size more in each carb.

I get 38 mpg pulling a trailer running about 65mph. And it is loaded most of the time.

I have the dyna 300 setting 3, Opened up air boxes, RK Pipes with just baffle left in,Jason Mod, Shimed neddles 10 thousands, Torque Masters under the carbs, Run Amsoil 20/50 and syn rear end lube also.

Bikenut:cool10::080402gudl_prv::whistling::cool10:

• 5 years later...
  • 4 years later...