IGNORED

America's byways

Moose

We just got in the door 10 minutes ago from doing the Mississippi River ride. We started in St. Paul, MN on Thursday evening and went down to Keokuk, Ia and then meandered our way back up the river till we got home. We hit by ways and "Great River Road" in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin. We also stopped at most of the lock and dams along the way. It was a great ride.

We'll start a thread with pictures later or tommorow.

• 9 months later...
Guest JGorom
Juggler you aint dont the Mississippi unless you come down to Louisiana and see the end of it and have some good cajun food. I know it a long ride from up there but you could float most of the .

Best BBQ the wife and I have ever eaten was in Baton Rouge just this past January. Found a resturaunt right across from where we were staying, I think it was called T.J's. Anyway we ordered up their BBQ sampler which had the best chicken, brisket, ribs, and sausage we have ever had.

We stayed in Baton Rouge and went down to New Orleans from there...New Orleans had some great food as well...but that dinner at T.J.'s still has us talking. The place had a lot of LSU trophies and stuff on display, including the a Heisman Trophy, Football National Trophey, etc. Only thing that was a disapointment was that the crawfish were in season but no one had any.

Baton Rouge gets my vote for great BBQ...and from there we went North to Memphis and ate at a BBQ place that has received much national recognition...wasn't even close...Baton Rouge has my vote.

• 5 years later...

I've done a portion of Red River Gorge that's called "Hillbilly Triangle"

It's located at the base of Appalachian Mountain, so there are a lot of twists and turns inside a forest. My riding buddy said it was as hard as The Gap (I haven't been to the gap, so I have no comparison)

Unfortunately, the road condition was bad sometimes. Lots of gravels in the middle of the road.

http://www.kytwisted.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=262

I will post pictures for this trip one day :)