• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I know that some of the readers have mentioned fogging of the windshield. I had the difficulty a few times since buying the Venture. I rounded a curve in the fog and the curve seemed to catch all the moisture and put it on the inside of my windshield. Since I have a stock height windshield, this was not good. I had been a scuba diver in the early years. I went to a dive shop and purchased a produce called Sea Quick. It is an anti fog spray for diving masks. It cost $6.95 for tow ounces. I used it last week and it was terrific. I rode through the fog with now loss of vision. I used it on the inside and the outside. It did not rain that day so I do not know how it will work in the rain, but the heavy fog was cured. I will keep this in my trunk.

They say that RainX is ok on the Clearview shield. It doesn't have the coating like the stock Lexan shields.

I'm not sure about he anti-fog, but regular Rain-X says right on the bottle not to use on plastic or plexi-glass as it can cause damage.

If I was to try anything to help with fogging I would try the Zaino products.

Guest KitCarson

Rain X now makes a product specifically for plastic and lexan windshields. I have seen it in the bigger super Walmarts. I no longer have a problem with that skyscraper windshield, I installed a 12 inch shield from Cee Bailey and use a helmet with a flip up shield........also solves the heat problem in the hot summer , I now have plenty of air flow, can see over the shield when I have to, and for colder days, have the shield on the helmet.