IGNORED

RSV Trunk Rack/Spoiler install

thecount

Hope for info.

My 05 is yet to have the trunck top rack or the rear factory available spoiler with tail light.

Can both these go on ? or if one is installed, you can't put the other on?

My concern is safety and being seen at night.

Comments?

Both will fit fine. I will disagree with Squidley thou. Sorry Bud.:no-no-no:

My reason is if both are to be installed then you can use the rack as a centering point. I suggest covering the lid with wide painters tape. Take measurements and find the center of the lid. Mark a line front to back. Place the rack on and after getting either front or rear mounting tabs centered mark the legs positions on the tape. I prefered mounting the rack forward enough that there's just enough room between the backrest abd rack to slide your hand between them. This will keep weight more forward and not stress the rear of the lid as much.

Now when mounting the spoiler it's easy to position it due to the marked center line and knowing just how much room you have between the rack and top of the spoiler. Get it too close and it's a bear cleaning. To far back and the lights end up pointing downward, making it harder for drivers behind you to see the lights. Especialy in day times.

Mind you this is just one persons opinion and we all know what opinions are. :confused24:

Larry

Hope for info.

My 05 is yet to have the trunck top rack or the rear factory available spoiler with tail light.

Can both these go on ? or if one is installed, you can't put the other on?

My concern is safety and being seen at night.

Comments?

go to my photo and take a look at my 07 I have both. I think they look good.