IGNORED

Heading out, to Salt Lake City

Bob Myers

Heading out Sunday early (3)am for Salt Lake City, plan on being there on Monday morning/mid day. A friend who owns a KTM dealership here in Lexington and I are planning on making it under 36 hours. A couple guys from SLC have already offered their hospitality to show me around while my friend attends those boring meetings and such. Will attempt to be online Monday night with results-if my laptop decides to come out of its coma. It went comatose yesterday and is now on life support. At this time plans are to leave either Wednesday night or early Thursday morning for return to Ky. I'm gonna have a blast, been wanting to do this for years and i'm going to go even if I have to ride my Vulcan!

I'm home! 3423 miles round trip. Left here on Sunday morning, arrived Salt Lake City around 11am on Monday. 1733 miles in 30 hours, including 5 hours sleep. Was disappointed by fuel mileage falling to 38 mpg overall average, but I never had ridden this bike at 80mph for 26 hours steady.

Met "utadventure", and his wife and sons. Super, super nice people. Dave helped me straighten out a clutch issue that cropped up en route to the city. Even having never met me nor talked with me, he and his wife welcomed me like I was an old and trusted friend. When I left I did leave as a friend!

Edited by Bob Myers

Thats a great sounding trip! Debby and I are heading out in the morning for Ouray Colorado..Looks like we just missed you ..kind of. Glad you had a great time and all the members I have met on here have been super nice people. Tom