IGNORED

Hazard lights.

jprider4life

can anyone let me know how there Hazards work on there bike, because my scoot the Hazards only work in the Key is on the on position, if I put the key to Acc they stop working so I would have to leave my scoot running while i'm on the side of the road which to me makes no sentce why would this be I will kill my battery this was. Also is there a way i can change this.

thank you to all for your assistance.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You described it perfectly! Really stupid design, huh? I designed a simple modification to allow them to work on ACC, but never implemented it because I added emergency strobes instead. I guess I should try and find the modification and see if it works anyway. I know my notes are sitting around somewhere.

Goose

I found out the same thing recently. I had stopped to look at a truck that was for sale and tried to put the flashers on, didn't work except with the key on. Humm I'm thinking.

Dummy me, a little while later I am riding down the road and notice my turn signal is on, try to cancel it, won't turn off, now what the hell I am thinking. Then the light came on (between my ears) and I realized the hazard lights were on. DUH......

Jerry

On the 1st Gen's, Haz lights work with out any Key in the Ignition: I just checked,

on my 89.

1st gen, has a Seperate " Haz " fuse, Schematic shows it in the Second Fuse holder located Forward and to right of battery. However on the 2nd gens I don't know.

Will have to pull up Schematic in the Maint Library, Service Manual for 2nd Gen.

Of course, we all know the 1st gen IS the best design!!! You can't improve on perfection!!!

LOL

Dan

I can agree with that if we alter the wording to read "we all know the 1st gen IS the best design mechanically"

Jerry