IGNORED

"Nightmare at a dealer" or "Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha, you suck!"

Guindalf

OK, so after listening to the advice in my other thread, we go looking for a Honda Reflex for my wife. Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha (Georgia) had two used Reflexes on cycletrader.com for sale, so we drive the 75 minutes or so down there to take a look.

One of them was sold, but the other was available and we looked at it and decided to buy. I noticed that the back tire has about 1/8th" tread left, so I ask for a new one. They say no and quote about $185 for a new one with fitting. OK, wife really wants the bike so we accept the deal without the tire (I can probably get one cheaper - or at least get a couple thousand miles out of it before replacing it).

We hand over a check from our equity account for the total ($4499 + 94.50 doc fees, tax and 19.00 title - total just under $5k). Blow #1, they can't verify the check and do not accept credit cards, so we had to apply for a Honda Card (and pay it off within 30 days to avoid interest), which we agree to do. We've been at the stealer for about 3 hours at this point and really want to get away!

We go and get a bite to eat while they get all the paperwork ready and when we get back, I realize that the scooter was on offer at cycletrader for $4299, not the $4499 they were charging. So I mention this to the salesman and he goes away and brings it up online and, sure enough, I was right. He goes into a whole big discussion with his manager and, eventually, the manager signs off on the lower price. We should have walked away long before this point, but the wife really wanted the bike, so we accepted the deal and waited for the paperwork to be redone.

After a total of almost five hours, the sales manager comes over to me and says "I spoke to my boss on the phone and he won't do the price of $4299. If you want the bike, it's $4499!" - What the?????!!!!!!

We got in the car and left. I've had to deal with an unhappy, sobbing wife since we left and I'm furious that we were treated this way. You can bet that the dozen or so people still in the store when we left heard what happened and even the people in the parts department were apologizing to us when I returned the Kuryakin grips I had bought for my RSMV while we were waiting.

So, bottom line. For $200, they lost a sale of a Reflex, lost $102 in accessory sales (which is where their biggest line of profit is) AND lost a customer - and the custom of everyone I can tell about this!

We are still in shock as to the way we were treated and, as a result, I urge anyone considering buying so much as a crampbuster from Lawrenceville Honda/Yamaha to look elsewhere.

Sorry to rant, but I'm still fuming (can you tell?).

:225:

Well you just told 5000 people how bad they are. I just dont understand how a dealership can stay afloat when they pull stuff like that

:confused24:

My work is done! And I've also put in a complaint to the BBB (Better Business Bureau).

You done right dude, but I don't think I would have been as nice as you were. I would have at least spilled my Coke across the salesman's desk (after I talked about the owner's family tree that didn't branch) and on the nice carpet, for wasting 5 hours of my time. Then I would have had to explain just exactly what I thought of him trying to gouge me for 200 bucks. And do all of this while maintaining a Christian attitude(that's the hard part).

We have a similar situation at home. JPM Motorsports, our Yamaha/Victory dealer, will do anything they can to help people. The Honda/Kawasaki dealer doesn't care if your ride sits for 3 weeks waiting on an oil change.

I hope you have better luck with the next one you visit.:080402gudl_prv:

If the scoot wasn't what she REALLY wanted and they weren't so hard to find, I know we wouldn't have been so patient. She's wanted one for a long time and when this came up, we were prepared to to take a little screwing around to get it, but not blatant price gouging!

We had a bad experience about two years ago when a private seller had a Reflex he wanted to sell. It was a couple years old, but had only been bought about 6 months earlier and only had 575 miles on it. We agreed a price and were due to pick it up on the Friday evening when I got back from being away on business (remember, this was all agreed). We got there on that Friday only to find he'd sold it to someone else 30 minutes earlier! The guy died not long after - he was selling because of a brain tumor, but we were really pissed then, too. So, to be screwed by a stealer was the icing on the cake!!

This second incident now has her doubting she's ever meant to ride, so they've possibly successfully taken a potential two-wheeler off the road (or back in a cage anyway!).

Guest Highway

Well done, I have never been there, but because of your post I never will be, nor anyone I can tell about them...Wish they could read this site and see what they have done for at least 5,ooo of us

:322::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

You know, they actually did me a favor. About 18 months ago, I had convinced myself that I wanted a Goldwing. I had a Vstar 1100 at the time. I had been there a couple of times, as I live in Lawrenceville and they advertise the best price. I wanted to trade the Vstar and they told me no problem. I went in to see them and had the check in my pocket. They went out and looked at my bike. It was only a year old and in excellent condition. Came back in and told me they didn't want it. I looked at them and said why. The only reason was we don't want it. I knew I was not going to get everything I paid for it but they would not even make an offer. I walked out, kinda stunned and a couple of months later I found my Venture and sold my Vstar for more than I thought I was going to get in trade in. Best break I could have had. They were actually real jerks. I still go there for parts if they have them in stock and I have to have it right away, only because the only other yamaha dealer close to me carries no parts. Most of the time I order on line. Yamaha support locally is the pits. I mean if they have to order the parts, I usually do the same thing and find a better price. Sorry you had such a bad time, but seems we are not the only ones.

Yes, it really does.

Out of interest, I saved over $27 ordering my ISO grips & Throttle Boss online over what I had paid in the store. Their prices were a total of $10 OVER MSRP and, as I said, I saved 25% having them shipped. I was looking forward to spending my time installing them today, but I can do it next week instead - and have $27 or a good lunch!!!

When I first got the Venture, there was only one key. I was able to go in and they made keys on the spot and I needed some new gaskets for the slide on mufflers. Other than that I have not gone in there.

Your right, I have saved a ton of money ordering on line. The other Yamaha dealer close by,gives no quarter on any parts and I never order anything there unless I just have to have it and they can get it next day. I've got a couple of screws from them. I plan and shop on line.

That's a good idea - and maybe this one as well...

http://www.atv-forum.com/general-atv-discussion/270-warning-lawrenceville-honda-yamaha.html

Someone from another forum I posted this story on pasted the above link.

I worked at a bike dealers for a while in the 90's and selling bikes was tough. Lots of looky lou's but not many buyers. To screw a potential cutomer is pure suicide. I was selling a Gold wing had the deal all but signed we were selling the bike at cost but Honda was still giving dealership $1500 for every Gold Wing Sold. Then the owner said no. The customers were shocked buy the owners attitude. They didn't blame me but thanked me for all my work then promised never to return. They subsequently bought a similar bike at the same price because another dealer was willing to settle for the $1500 from Honda. Powersport dealers that don't klnow the business should stay out. Oh an the shop I worked for? I quit two months later and they went out of business 4 months after that!

I think everyone in the area should drop by and look at the bikes they have on the floor. When asked if you need help... Tell 'm nope. Just looking before buying from another dealer in the next county/city/state. Explain that they were closer and more convient to help you decide on model and color, but the 'other dealer' has a better reputation. :stirthepot: :whistling:

Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau

Start With Trust

Complaint Form

Before you begin filing your complaint with BBB, please note:

BBB's goal is to successfully resolve complaints involving buyers and sellers in a fair and timely fashion. This includes complaints involving consumer-to-business and business-to-business transactions that involve the advertisement and/or sale of a product or service. Information concerning the nature and resolution of complaints filed with BBB is used in developing BBB Reliability ReportsTM on companies. BBB accepts complaints whether or not the business is a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB generally does not handle complaints which are more effectively handled by other government or private agencies or the legal system, such as complaints involving employment practices, discrimination, or matters in litigation. Click here for more detailed BBB Complaint Acceptance Guidelines.

BBB strongly encourages consumers to first attempt to resolve complaints directly with the company, however BBB will not reject a complaint if a consumer has not taken this step. All complaints are processed by local BBBs, most often the BBB where the company is located. Historically, over 70% of complaints filed through BBB are resolved. In some cases, BBB mediation or arbitration may be offered to assist in resolution.

Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 calendar days. BBB reserves the right not to process complaints containing abusive or foul language.

I had gone to the same dealer in 2005 and put money down on a Venture. I even purchased @1500 in accessories from them that they were to put on the bike. They told me my new bike would be in the shop in a couple of weeks. I waited and waited on the bike. Every time I called I got different stories about the delays. As you can imagine I wanted my new bike. When it finally made it to an Atlanta warehouse they told me it would be another 7 days for it to reach their dealership (Atlanta is 36 miles to the south). The whole time I was waiting on the bike (at this point it had been over a month) I asked them why they just didn't get one from another local dealer instead of making me wait a month. They told me they just couldn't do that. After being fed up I walked into the store, very pissed off, got my money back and drove to another dealer @60 miles away and bought a Venture right off the floor. In the long run Lawrenceville Honda lost my sale, lost the labor work to install all my chrome, etc and lost a customer. Sounds like they paid a high price if you ask me.

Seems like for every 1 good Yammy Dealer there are 5 more who are worthless. Ignore the bad one's.....tell everyone you know how bad they are.....and send letters to Yamaha telling them too.

Time and a bad reputation will catch up to the bad one's....:cool10:

Seems like for every 1 good Yammy Dealer there are 5 more who are worthless. Ignore the bad one's.....tell everyone you know how bad they are.....and send letters to Yamaha telling them too.

Time and a bad reputation will catch up to the bad one's....:cool10:

That's my intention here! There are already several others here and on other forums who appear to have problems with this dealer, but amazingly, they're still in business!

Either people LIKE to get screwed or they just don't care if they are being ripped off!

Oh and Maineac - already sent a complaint to BBB. Now if I can find an address, I'm sending one to Honda and Yamaha.

Guindalf- I was thinking about this over the weekend. I hope you printed the online page offer in the bike at $4299.00 or that it still can be.

I don't know the laws in GA but here that constitutes "Bait and Switch" and can have legal consequences. By listing the bike online at $4,299.00 they have made an offer to sell at that price and have baited you into their store. By asking for more for the bike they have made a switch (not of the bike but of the offer). You might want to ask the city attorney, county attorney or state attorney or the state consumer protection department may be of help.

If I had the money in hand - I'd be a big enough pain to make them honor the deal and then go down the road to have any extras put on.

Good luck!!

Dave