IGNORED

"I Gotta Quit Doing This!" or "Don't Forget Your Gremlin Bell!"

86er

There were way too many titles for this thread running through my head!

"Watch That Front Brake!"

"Here We Go Again!"

"Love the Fork Brace, But...."

And the always great: "Oh S#*T!"

I put my new fork brace on, and to do so, I had to take my VR.o gremlin bell off. It is mounted in a hole in the end of my front axle. I forgot to put it back on, but I am now a believer!!!

I put my new brace on and went for a ride. LOVED IT! It really tightened things up! I could just think of trying to scrape from side to side and it would do it. I tried braking in a turn and very little shake. And the shake that was there was....solid is the only word for it. I took the bike up to 55, set the cruise and hands free, I hit the right handle bar. It shook twice and that was it! Same on the left. I wasn't geared up so I didn't go out on the highway for a high speed test.

After lunch with my sister, I was headed home, I ran through a neighborhood by mine with nice twisties (SleeperHawk, Mechanic, Swifty and Beer30 know where I'm talkin' about!). I ran thru there at 45/50mph! I usually run thru there at 35/40 and

it felt better than 25/30!

I decided to try braking in a left sweeper at about 50. I grabbed some front brake and it felt really solid............until the front wheel locked for a second. That's when the bike I was riding was magically ten feet in front of me sliding on it's side. I was, like "OK, it's all goo.....S#*T don't flip!!!..................D@&M!!".Well, at least it was the right side this time.:confused24: I needed to replace the right mirror anyway.

At this point I want to say...I'm OK, nothin' broken, just a little road rash. Left elbow, left calf and left "cheek" (I know, I know......."At least you're ok", but I'll heal, the bike will take money and work!) A friend of mine said "I know,.........you were riding in shorts and a T-shirt." I said "Hell NO!................I was riding in shorts,......and a Flowerdy Hawaiin shirt!!!"

I still have the fairing brace from the last crash and I think I can cut it in half and trash the "crashed" parts, use the good halves and weld it back together.

So, I guess I'm back in the plastic fixin' business! There are a couple of fairings on eBay that I'm gonna try for, if they go cheap enough. May be time for that repaint. I just need some real winter this year to stop riding it and paint!!!

OK, it's time to swab my wounds in alcohol......I think I'll try some bourbon......from the inside!

Anybody got an extra right side mirror? :confused07:

BTW: I've already been called "Skid" (we've got one of those!) and Crash (we've got one of those too!). And "RoadScab" aint gonna get it, Fly-N-lo! :rotf:

Edited by 86er

Todd, glad to hear you are okay. tatoos are nice, but scars tell a story.

you should have had that gremlin bell on.

why do we do this, cause we love workin on our bikes.

make sure you apply lots of that internal bourbon, it works wonders.

cheers, Scott

pretty soon you'll give up and just get that 2nd gen..........:hurts::stirthepot:

just glad u are ok............!

2nd Gen , H@LL NO ! Get that kid a HD . They are used to being in parts ! Better yet , put 86er (certified asphalt surfer) on a moped :rotf::rotf: and remove the brakes for his own sake !

Hey Todd , just asking , you've been eating Dominoes Pizza , cut into squares again ? :stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30

pretty soon you'll give up and just get that 2nd gen..........:hurts::stirthepot:

just glad u are ok............!

Damn boy when are you going to learn not to lock the front brake in a corner? glad you survived the crash. When you learn how to ride it will be time for a second gen.:stirthepot:

A Harley ridin' friend of mine said "How old are you...55? I'll give you 3 years and you'll stop all this scraping cr@p!"

Maybe then I'll get a 2nd gen........NOT! :rotfl:

2nd Gen , H@LL NO ! Get that kid a HD . They are used to being in parts ! Better yet , put 86er (certified asphalt surfer) on a moped :rotf::rotf: and remove the brakes for his own sake !

Hey Todd , just asking , you've been eating Dominoes Pizza , cut into squares again ? :stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30

SQUARES!!.......We don't need no stinkin' squares!!!

That ain't pizza!!!!!

And I've earned my VR ASS patch, huh Gene!

At this point I want to say...I'm OK, nothin' broken, just a little road rash. Left elbow, left calf and left "cheek" (I know, I know......."At least you're ok", but I'll heal, the bike will take money and work!) A friend of mine said "I know,.........you were riding in shorts and a T-shirt." I said "Hell NO!................I was riding in shorts,......and a Flowerdy Hawaiin shirt!!!"

I am glad you are ok. So, just curious, if you could go back to before your test-ride, and put some more substantial motorcycling attire on, would you? If you knew you were about to have the same accident that you had, would you wear proper gear? I am just curious. I am very happy that your injuries were not more severe. I am also sorry about the damage to your machine. I hope you heal up fast, and completely, and best of luck with the upcoming search for parts.

Sonny

:63:

Glad to hear you are not banged up too bad...Shame about that bike tho...stay faithful, and good luck finding parts.. If these 1st gens weren't so darn fast there would be no reason to be entering a corner at speeds requiring a little heavy braking now and then...:stirthepot:

Heck with the bike, it can be fixed...or replaced..but I'm more interested in how did the bourbon work from the inside.........??

Glad your OK my friend..

By the way, dont forget $5.00 goes to paypal..........Hey, you started it..:stirthepot::buttkick:

i tested my new fork brace wearing the the same as you but a whole lot slower and wearing topsidereds:rotfl:i am sitting on a lot of black plastic and not that far from you call me with a list and i,ll see what i can come with , i know i have a rite side bag , i will ck on the fairing to nite , i have a fairing brace , no rite mirror only left side , did you forget why we use a large leather wallet , you mite need to carry 2 , one for each side :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thom

cell , 386-717-1816

Todd, do you think we should call your Condorbrace Test Run as failed ??

:bighug:

Besides that, we have a saying here in Germany, translated to English i says

"Those who have the Damage, don't need to take care of the Mocking" ...

And not at least to say, i'm glad you can still talk to us. You really should think about quiting that !!!

Geez Todd,

I just read this, I'm really sorry to hear that you went down and your bike is all messed up, and I'm glad that your not hurt any worse than you are. I know, any kind of hurt is not a good thing.

You'll have to ride one of your other bikes till the 86 is fixed back up.

you've probably thought of this, but maybe there are some free parts here at venturerider.org.

Heal up and keep the faith,

Steve