IGNORED

anyone here from South Texas???

Guest Snake

Guest Snake

We're thinking about retiring again... This time to the South Texas area and would love to have some input on the area from Rockport to Brownsville... no more than an hour, from the coast... If anyone lives in this area, I'd love to ask some questions, so please drop me an email at 1bigyeti@gmail.com ... Thanks... Tom:backinmyday:

snake.

Rockport has changed,over the past couple of decades.

what used to be a sleepy little fishing community, is now a haven for "winter Texans, and summer tourists.

going south , (about 30 miles)the next town of size, is Corpus Christi.

NOT exactly where i would want to retire.

south , beyond C.C., about 50 miles , is Kingsville.not much there, unless you are a Kleberg, or King descendant.beyond that, is the KING RANCH, miles and miles of it.

so. given that knowledge, going north of Rockport, there are several modest size towns.

Victoria being one of them, we are 35 miles from the coast.

almost any MAJOR city in south Texas, you want to go to, is within a 250 mile radius.

Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Rio Grande valley.

i don't know what you might be in the market for, as far as interests go(other than riding), so please feel free to contact me and ask for "specifics", and i'll do my very best to help you out.

just jt

Lots of towns around there depending if you want country or town/city. Victoria is not far from Corpus. What are you looking for riding? Fishing? South Texas ain't the most scenic for riding. I had a place at Sargent. Not much there. During the week 500 or so residents, weekends there was like 5000!

SS