IGNORED

Like them Roadhouse pipes, sounds great.

Got the pipes on everyone, and love the sound(Roadhouse Pipes - slash cut). Loud enough but not to loud. Very good rumble. Installation OK, just did not care for the wood block and hammer persuasion I had to use. But still worked out good. Have to kinda wiggle them as you go and take a wood block and drive them on a little ways at a time (wood block against the muffler hanger ). Then bolt up and tighten clamp. I also used some high heat silicone on pipe /muffler connection. I then unplugged the AIS and installed K&N filters. Purrs like a lion.:cool10: I like the Roadhouse, good chrome to the end of slash cut pipes. I did not go with Bubs because I did not like the polished aluminum ends, I like the slash cut.

Fuzzy

There Goes the neighborhood! (LOL)How much were they?($) Any pics?

Pipes $281.00 / K&N $82.00 ........ And ya there goes the neighbors down the holler. You aught to here them there pipes in the hollers a echoeing, sweet . My buddy and I finished putting on the filters and plugging AIS at his garage over in Elliot county back on a high ridge(Sat. night around 11:30 pm). When we opened the garage door, I told JD that someone might call the law, and he said knewwww. So I kranked her up and let her roar. :rotf:He said he heard me on my way home for miles.:whistling: Sorry, will do pics later when finished with upgrades.

James

Edited by FuzzyRSTD
no pics

Guest fawcetda

What about performance? Do you feel any difference? Would also be interested to know about the effect on your gas mileage. It's a factor these days.

I would like to do the same on my bike so very interested in your feedback. I put on Harley Davidson Road King mufflers a few years ago and I have been quite happy with them but I would still like a little more noise and I am also interested in any performance gains.

Looking forward to your pictures too.:detective:

What about performance? Do you feel any difference? Would also be interested to know about the effect on your gas mileage. It's a factor these days.

I would like to do the same on my bike so very interested in your feedback. I put on Harley Davidson Road King mufflers a few years ago and I have been quite happy with them but I would still like a little more noise and I am also interested in any performance gains.

Looking forward to your pictures too.:detective:

I will let you know as soon as I have I had time to honestly check the gas mileage. I got 38 mile per gallon on the stock pipes. The performance after Roadhouse pipes seems to be better. Really runs and idles smooth, very quick throttle response.

James

Make sure you keep plenty of chrome polish on them, they sound awesome but they tend to get rust spots around the seams and welds if you don't take care of them.

Thanks Phil, I will keep my eyes on that. I remember a post from someone saying that the chrome might not be so great. So I thought I would clean the bike in the morning and wax them pipes about twice, although they seem to have good deep chrome. Taking off work tommorrow to take bike in for first service. Mostly want the valves checked, and if they will let me, I am going to watch and see that everything done. I talked to dealer 2 weeks ago and he told me I could watch.:sick:

James