IGNORED

What is "Surging" with regards to the tape desk?

I read Don's thread @ http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15376&highlight=surging. In that thread he mentions "Surging", what would be the description of that.

I run my mini Shuffle with a cassette adapter and it act like it changes sides when playing. It will always keep playing but there is a pause about every 15 seconds or so. Is this what Don is referring to?

No, that is not the same as surging. Your's is reversing. That is what happens when you get to the end of a tape and the tension triggers the auto-reverse. It very well could be a bad cassette adapter. I had that happen once when using a tape adapter for an XM radio. I went with a different adapter and it stopped happening. Otherwise, it is likely a weak spring in the deck.

I read Don's thread @ http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15376&highlight=surging. In that thread he mentions "Surging", what would be the description of that.

I run my mini Shuffle with a cassette adapter and it act like it changes sides when playing. It will always keep playing but there is a pause about every 15 seconds or so. Is this what Don is referring to?

My cassette deck was doing the same thing with my adapter, it just kept changing side every 30 seconds to a minute. I noticed that the adapter would only run one way on the gear from so long before it would imitate a tape and the wheels would stop turning . I took the adapter apart and removed one gear that made the wheels stop and and cause the deck to reverse.

Now my deck never reverses unless I want it too, theres never a gap in the music when listeneing to my mp3's. I just had my deck rebuilt with new belts and all, its kinda handy working next door to the electronics repair dept at work!!

Brian

:cool10::cool10: