IGNORED

HID headlight systems

Venturous Randy

Do any of you have any experience with the HID lighting systems? Even though I ugraded my headlight on my 83 to an 86 up version, which was a great improvement and have a PIAA bulb, which also helped, I still want more. I am now seeing the HID headlight being offered at a more reasonable price. This appears to be more than just replacing the bulb, but I am not real familiar with the HID system. Anybody got any feedback on this? I know this system has been around on autos for a few years.

Also, do any of you know if this system will work with our Computer Monitoring System that our headlight power runs thru.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EFX-H4-MOTORCYCLE-HID-KIT-YAMAHA-86-93-VENTURE-ROYAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ012QQitemZ220234877551QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Randy

Edited by Venturous Randy

You'd better use Bi-Xenon 'Bulb'.

I have one in my Max. Was bit hard to install, because of the Size of the Bulb, i had to make some Room on the Back of the Head Light Housing. Other than this, i'm very satisfied with the Outcome. A Lot better Light and safer too. The lowest Light Color Option(3200K) is the best Lightcolor, very close to Daylight.

Haven't got to install my second half of the Car Set in the Venture. I don't know if the draw of only 35 W would cause the CMS to respond.

Edited by Squeeze

Morning BuddyRich,

How is the bike doing? I see you have the HID Bi-Xenon. Wanna share your installation and vendor? I have been thinking about this option for a while. I want to retain my hi-low capability. The headlight on a 1sr Gen just seems to be inadequate.

JB

Hmmmm, wonder if I could adapt one of our 175 watt Metal Halide wallpack lights to work in there--- medium base socket, small inverter to handle 1.35 amps @ 120 volt, lets see------- better forget and get back to the bike------------------------

Dan :big-grin-emoticon: