IGNORED

Info about Chat Room

Freebird

OK...here's the problem. The chat is hosted on a remote server. I did that long ago so as not to put any extra load on this one. It is remotely hosted but connects to our database on this server to authenticate users. Now because all the databases are different on the new server, it will have to be re-configured on the other end. Basically that means a new installation on the remote server.

It is working now because I still have the files up and running on the old server. It will be next week before the remote server is reconfigured to communicate with the database here.

So why does any of this matter? The problem will be that any new members that sign up now won't be included in the old database so won't be able to get authenticated on the chat server. I THINK though that you can sign in as a guest.

Let me know if you have any issues with the Chat. It is going to be a bit confusing for me for the next few days while I basically have both servers up and trying to figure out what info is being pulled from where.