IGNORED

2007 Royal Star Venture tie down

I was hoping some of you could share with me the best ways you have found to tie down your Venture. There are times I will have to put it in the back of my pickup. I have made a wheel chock that will sit in the front of the box to keep the front wheel in place. There seems to be no place to attach tie down straps that doesnt interfere with the fairing. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks JR

You will need some soft straps. These are short straps with loops on both ends. Loop the straps around the lower section of the triple tree. Then attach a good tie down strap to the end of the soft strap.

I'm sure some of the other guys can explain it better and hopefully provide pictures.

Bob

I have had good luck strapping lower than what most people recommend.

I Don't use a chock.

Just let the air out of shocks and tighten her down.

Sarasota to Atlanta and never moved an inch.

The seat tie down looks like a good idea, I will add straps there next haul.

BradT has the right idea. Use a couple of soft straps to look around the forks so you don't need to worry about scratching them. Cinch in down so the forks are compressed, but not bottomed out. Make sure the tie down points are in front of the fork locations so the front tire will be pressed into the tire chock.

You can tie down the back to the saddle bag rails since you don't really need to make them too tight. They are just there to keep the back end from walking around.

As an alternative, just ride it :rotf:.

RR

My ramps were bought off Craigslist, they are rated for 1000 pounds each.

They fold in half and are arched.

I can usually find a ditch or incline I can back up to, to get the rear of the truck down closer to the ground.

I use one for the bike and set one on my left in case I need to put my left foot down.

It can be done with one ramp if you find a good spot to back up to.

It's always a good idea to have a spotter when driving on or backing off the truck, but I have done it solo.

Some stores to check for ramps might be Northern Tool, Harbor Freight etc...

A local bike shop should be able to order some for you as well.

You can tie down the back to the saddle bag rails since you don't really need to make them too tight. They are just there to keep the back end from walking around.

RR

Agreed Hated to watch the back end bounce around. Just was not sure where to connect the strap too

BRad

Here's a killer wheel chock from Harbor freight I'm thinking about getting for my trailer. I,ve seen it on sale for $32.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=96349&CategoryName=&SubCategoryName=

I chringed when my RSV arrived last month from TN via STI.

It was on a nice pallet with a depression for the front wheel to sit in and eyes for tie downs. They used the triple tree and the trunk mount for mounting points. Luckily nothing bent.

:confused07: Maybe I am missing something, but I bought my Venture to ride. :biker:Hopefully I will not have a reason to trailer it. I know there will come a time that I will eat my words.:bawling:

With the whole family, the trailor will occasionally come in handy when you can get away for day or so, while on vacation.

Also came in good when the switch went bad.

BRad

Anyone try a canyon dancer. When I went to pick mine up the trailer I borrowed would not allow me to get to the lower forks. used a canyon dancer and it didn't move a bit from central GA to Central FL. Just an idea.

I use power-tye ratchet straps with softties. I loop the softites through the top between the handlebar clamps and snug the rear on the frame.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/UpperTie.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/SideTie.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/gunnybutch/FrontTie.jpg

Just aboutthe same here. BMX I do like how you did the front strap though.

What are they tieing the rear end too. Just the saddle bag rails ?

Brad

We secured the rear by running straps to the frame under the bike near the middle.