• Word of mouth
    • An Ebay listing
    • A posting on another web site
    • Don't Remember

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my Venture and while out on my 1st ride with it, I pulled into a timmes for a coffee. Low and behold in comes another venture and we get to talking. Some where in the conversation the couple who where out of london informed me about the site and the rest is history.

• 2 weeks later...

researching touring bikes. Decided on the RSV, bought one new Sept of 09. came home searced for forums, found this site, rest is history. Thanks to Don, Squidley, Goose and all the others who contribute to the site, friends made, memories to be made.:thumbsup2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In June 2010 While visiting my daughter in Vacaville CA. I purchased an 89 VR from South Lake Tahoe. I continued to search craigs list for VRs and saw an add for the front fork brace. Later I discovered that the seller was Condor who suggested that I contact some members of the Venture Riders for referrals about the brace. I bought the brace and the rest is history.

I don't exactly remember but I think I was on the Venturer.org website as I was looking to purchase a RSV and wanted to know all I could about it. I had been without a bike for about 18 years. I think someone on that site made mention of this site over there and I just had to check it out. Then I got hooked!!! With the bike. With the site. And with the people!!! Thanks Don, and keep up the great work. And to all the others I've met here or on the road, it has been an honor and a privilege just knowin' ya!!!!

I bought my RSV a year ago in Myrtle Beach, SC. One day at a gas station, guy came up to me & told me about this site.

Am I ever glad he did, as it's been really helpful !

Have any idea who that person was....Could it have been the ambassador?

Learned about it from my brother who rides with several venture riders in a Dallas area Star riders group. Been intrigued ever since....don't post much, but check in everyday.

Edited by slick97spirit

• 6 months later...

I bought my RSTD and joined another Yamaha forum hoping to get information. Their Royal Star section was small and did not have a ton of stuff. I was looking for information/instructions about installing an RSV seat on my RSTD and a member at that site gave me a tip about Venturerider.org. He is also a member here, so I joined up on a trial basis. With the help I've gotten, the membership won't be a "trial" one for very long.:beer:

First thing I do when I see a Venture rider is ask them if they are on the site. If they say no... I tell them of the benefits and of the weird.... errrrr GREAT people on the site !

Word of mouth is one option for the poll... but recommendation from a member should be on their too !

Hmmmm.... finders fee for new members?

I ran in to Don Harrell (tazmocycle) and his wife Susan at an intersection south of Birmingham while on a test ride after I had resoldered my CMU. They invited me to a local bike get together and when I did they asked if I was going to Vogal. I said "What's a Vogal?" At the time I was a member of The Venturers.

I went to Vogal one and ended up joining Venturerider.org and life has never been the same.

RandyA

• 8 months later...

I knew I wanted to buy a Venture so when I went shopping for the perfect RSV I came across your site. I also am a member of the other Venture site but I don't spend much time there. I use it mainly for the tech stuff and compare notes between the sites.

I'm also a member of Road Star Clinic and spend some time there as well but most of my time is spent right here. Thanks for the site

Oh yeah I found your site through an ad on ebay when I was RSV shopping and the motorcycle that was listed there was also on your site so I guess that's how I became familiar with your site.

My brother has a 91 VR that he was always going on about, and he was talking about info on this site. When I bought mine, I joined. BEST $12 I ever spent for sure. The info is great, and it's so rare on the web that a board hasn't been ruined by dumbsh*ts WHO YELL THAT THEY ARE RIGHT or disdain you for not knowing something or sniff that your bike didn't cost $26000 or you don't have all the exactly right $1000 riding gear or that you don't have a collection of $100 black t-shirts. :backinmyday:

• 1 month later...