Keitho

I guy's. I have just recently added Khromwerks mufflers, k&n filters and iridium plugs to my 06 Venture. My question is, do I have to rejet the carbs? All information will be gratefully recieved.

Regards Keith.

you don't have to rejet, but what a kick in the butt if you do.mostly if you throw in the dyna 3000.got to jet it right. just throwing in big main jets doesn't do anything for the rpm,s where you ride most.the secret is in the pilot jets. bill :)

Thanks Bill. Need to save up some coin to do those other things, but appreciate the info.

Yes, TT, and Haggis too.

Keith.

when you get ready i will tell you what size to use. my rstd will darn near pull the front wheel just rolling on the throttle in low gear.unbelievable lowend responce.bill

• 3 years later...

I would like to share my experience with everyone on here about jetting the carbs on a Venture. My Venture happens to be an 08. My advice is DON'T DO IT!!!!! I put on a set of Roadhouse slip-on exhausts which I really like. Good deep throaty sound. I thought I would have to have my carbs jetted, and my Yamaha guy wanted me to jet my bike even before the exhaust change, because of how cold collared the Ventures are. My fuel mileage kept getting worse with every tank. I went from 42-44mpg to 35mpg the first tank and then finally down to 32mpg! That was enough for me. I went back to all stock settings. My first tank on stock settings was back up to 42mpg and that was with 2up for about 80-100 miles on that tank! I would advise anyone who has one of these bikes not to go through what I went through. I can't tell one bit of difference in the throttle response from jetting to stock. The only thing I saw from jetting the carbs was that I didn't have to choke my bike and let it warm up. I could just crank it and go, just like if it was FI. Now some people out there might want that, but for me I want the fuel mileage. The Venture has plenty of power as it is for my style of riding.

So that is my opinion about jetting the carbs! I WOULD NOT DO IT!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
when you get ready i will tell you what size to use. my rstd will darn near pull the front wheel just rolling on the throttle in low gear.unbelievable lowend responce.bill

hey snarly....i know this thread is old but i'd appreciated a bit of pilot jet guidance....

'96 RS stock except jome slightyy baffled jardine slash-cut slip ons.....seems to be plenty of power down low BUT coughs at a stop light (letting clutch out in 1st gear it just seems to blubbber until rolling and in the power band)

any assistance welcomed...

john

Edited by dbikers

you don't have to rejet, but what a kick in the butt if you do.mostly if you throw in the dyna 3000.got to jet it right. just throwing in big main jets doesn't do anything for the rpm,s where you ride most.the secret is in the pilot jets. bill :)

Oh ya, +2 on bigger pilot jets. Just one size bigger with slip-ons, K&N and 50% bigger opening on inlet to air filter housings. Played with spacers under needle jets but that just hurt my mileage. With mods mentioned, the throttle response is darn near perfect! Mileage is still 42-43 hyway. Just love this bike now!!!!

Have a friend who's a jetting perfectionest and even he says it runs great!:cool10::cool10: