IGNORED

broken fairing, "better than new"

hipshot

with a couple of ABS welding rods, and a little patience, i have "healed up", the brake fluid breaks in my fairing!

man this plastic welding , stuff is so much easier and cleaner, that the "homeade glue", method!!

just jt

OK JT,

Where are the photos? Where did you get the welding kit from. I used the plastic weld paste in the past and would like to get the plastic weld kit. Not that I need it right now, but would like to have it on hand just in case something happens. Also am Glad things worked in your favor too.

When Redneck finds out you fix the First Gen. You think he'll be happy.:whistling:

OK JT,

Where are the photos? Where did you get the welding kit from. I used the plastic weld paste in the past and would like to get the plastic weld kit. Not that I need it right now, but would like to have it on hand just in case something happens. Also am Glad things worked in your favor too.

When Redneck finds out you fix the First Gen. You think he'll be happy.:whistling:

Buddy , i am sorry for taking so long to reply.

easter, sprang up , in front of me.

ok. the welding kit is made by urethane supply company. it is marketed through

northern tool company.

the web address, if it will post , is

www.urethanesupply.com/5600ht.php.

just jt

the link actually works!

lol

Ahh Mr. JT. I see you got the goods now. I have been looking at them but not the wad I want to lay out for it. I have seen a few different kinds on Harbour Freight for about $50 to about $180. So, this is the model used that you have linked?

There are a few different kinds of kits - one you have to supply the air, anohter comes with one that provides air and the airless type.

I got perty good with the plastic weld resin and fiberglass sheets with ny dremel tool (I need a new one as I burnt it out cutting the collector open, Shoulda seen the smoke!) I did fix a hole with the resin the size of a silver dollar up and down and almost two sideways.

Good job! Well, the pics you will upload will tell!:big-grin-emoticon:

G.W, this rig, belongs to my boss. it IS a little pricey, but it has a tremendous amount of welding rods, backing material, a "how to" cd, and is AIRLESS!.

shoot, i'm thinking about "springing" , for one, and "hanging out my shingle"!!!

lots of plastic covered bikes around here, and those crotch rocket and HD riders, "aint gonna care how much you charge", as long as it is a lot cheaper than NEW plastic.

i'm telling ya , this little dude will weld ANY TYPE of plastic, and even nylon.

i don't figure you will be needing one , though, cause you can bring me your broken stuff, and i'll cheat ya right!

lol

just jt