IGNORED

Breather covers

bokeifus

Guest JGorom
:whistling:Does anyone have any idea why Yamaha makes this awsome looking bike, and places this cheap... plastic.... ugly.... breather covers on BOTH sides of the bike?

Is there an alternative?

Bo

Yeah...they want to sell you the nice billeted chrome covers and make more money. :)

P.S. George Bush is sending you some $ money $ soon so you can purchase a pair!

Great link thanks, any idea what they charge?

Last price quoted me from them was about 2003 and they were charging about 350.00 (for the airboxes only) then with an 8 week turnaround time. They had done a venturers members 99 RSV airboxes, his kick panels inside the fairing and some other pieces. I saw the bike in Daytona..it looked real nice too.

Last price quoted me from them was about 2003 and they were charging about 350.00 (for the airboxes only) then with an 8 week turnaround time. They had done a venturers members 99 RSV airboxes, his kick panels inside the fairing and some other pieces. I saw the bike in Daytona..it looked real nice too.

Great! Thanks for the info!

Any particular chrome paint?? I like the way it looks.

I used Dupli-Color Chrome paint.Bought at WalMart or auto parts store,can't remember.Used some steel wool before painting them.After about a week I polished it with automotive polish.Shines pretty good.