I'm touching on an area where I know nothing. Well not nothing... I know when I hit the brakes, the front dives pretty good.

I've heard and read a little about progressive springs. I've also read that the best thing to do is get springs tuned to you and your bike. For me, that second option would be (hopefully) a moving target. Those that have met me know that I am rather large. The good news is I'm a little less large today than I was last month. I hope to continue that trend for the next 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I don't want to keep replacing springs tuned to the new me. Therefore I'm thinking progressives.

Educate me please. What can I expect from them? Can I do these myself? I didn't see a tech article... Can you point to one so I can see whats involved? Lacking that, a brief walk through. Costs? Worth the costs?

I'll keep searching and reading other threads, but any and all info helps.

I'm touching on an area where I know nothing. Well not nothing... I know when I hit the brakes, the front dives pretty good.

I've heard and read a little about progressive springs. I've also read that the best thing to do is get springs tuned to you and your bike. For me, that second option would be (hopefully) a moving target. Those that have met me know that I am rather large. The good news is I'm a little less large today than I was last month. I hope to continue that trend for the next 2 or 3 years. Anyway, I don't want to keep replacing springs tuned to the new me. Therefore I'm thinking progressives.

Educate me please. What can I expect from them? Can I do these myself? I didn't see a tech article... Can you point to one so I can see whats involved? Lacking that, a brief walk through. Costs? Worth the costs?

I'll keep searching and reading other threads, but any and all info helps.

Here is a tech instruction based on a 1st gen, nothing in 2nd gen tech library yet..... Us 1st genners, like the results of the new springs...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=505

:080402gudl_prv:

per progressive's web site the part # for Royal Stars is 11-1144..

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PROG%2DFORK&CartID=

But have you put any air in the forks.. I have 5 psi in mine and it rides much better and much less dive than when it had 0 psi.. I think the max is 7 psi. on the front.

I usually run 6 to 6.5 psi in the front. I haven't checked them in a month, maybe 2. They hold pressure pretty good, but I do need to check them again.

Never thought to replace the air ride with regular springs. Might have to look into that. I checked out the link and although it says Royal Star it does not differentiate between the TD and the Venture. Are they the same front end?

Does anyone has experience on a 2nd gen with air leaking out of one side on the forks? Goes down within a few hours. I've sprayed foam around the valve and top of fork with no luck is finding anything. I put a new valve in it and checked again with no luck. With that low of pressure dang thing hard to find. Thanks in advance.

Spotsy