IGNORED

Lower Cowlings

Guest buckbuckey25

Guest buckbuckey25

Hey there, Has anyone ever attempted to pull of the Lowers on the RSTD? I just recently purchased my 06 and hadn't had it 3 days and took it back due to the whine. "I" basket is supposed to be here this coming Tuesday and I have my fingers crossed. Anyway, when I went riding the day after I bought it.. man it got warm down there by my feet and legs. So I started looking around and saw that it looks like the only things there, which would require relocation or mounting of some sort are the following:

Fuse box, a box that looks like a ecu, brake res, and the intake air filters.

Seeing that I thought ok.. Just mount a K&N set up directly to the unit right up under the gas tank and then either build a little box to house the ECU and Fuse box in. Outside of that, I am not seeing anything major unless of course I am missing something.

Would be SO Nice to have the flexiblity of putting on and removing as needed based on weather conditions.

So anyone tried this yet?

Thanks,

Buckey:cool10::cool10::detective::detective:

The cruise control stuff is down in there somewhere too. Several people have thought about this, but no one has figured out where to put all the stuff. If you figure it out, I'm sure a lot of folks would like to know how to do it. Those vents would be a lot easier.

• 3 weeks later...