IGNORED

Ontario Motorcycling

Carbon_One

I rode about 300,000 miles through Canada, but it has been many years now.

Didn't know it at the time, but Ontario is flatter than Kansas.

Great roads & beautiful scenery, though. We could ride for hours & not see another vehicle.

Great roads & beautiful scenery, though. We could ride for hours & not see another vehicle.

Not in the part of Ontario I live in. Maybe up by Charlie but I doubt it. At least not on any road you would drive your Venture on. You must be confusing Ontario with Saskatchewan.

Well I thought, now we got it together, we got a real honest to goodness motorcycle site that sets up some good rides in Ontario. Should have known it was the government that put it together. They just copied all the info from another part of the government site. Nothing special related to riding at all. Road maps are standard, places to visit are shown only for those who paid to have themselves advertised, nothing different than the brochures we get in the mail every year, other than the word MOTORCYCLE. I'm really kind of disappointed. Hi-lighted scenic routes, places to stay, and places to eat would have been more up my alley. What a bummer, more tax dollars down the poop shoot.

Guest BluesLover
West Montrose covered bridge I think this is the only one in southern ON.
You're absolutely right - that is the last covered bridge left standing in S Ont (have a look at the plaque in the picture).

We went there as part of one our rides last year.

Cheers,

I just recently found the 'gorideontario' site also. Printed out 10 maps. I have already been on parts of some of the routes..great riding. And have also done the West Montrose covered bridge. So lots of riding to do this season. Wsih the snow would STOP! Another blast this afternoon. Thanks for posting that info for everyone.

Ok, upon further reflection and deeper digging into the site I came across this site: http://trilliumtours.com/index.html. Not that I'm that interested in someone guiding me around my home province, but for someone from out of town, this might be a serious consideration. Seems by the type on their site, that they are interested in pleasing the customer and have some real nice tours planned. Now sites like that I would call a MotorCycle site. I guess it's not all bad, just had to get past the GOV\ON.

Guest ReinyRooster

I am quite sure that covered bridge in West Montrose will make it's way onto at least one of the rides in the 2008 VentureRider Rally, since it's only about 20 minutes away!!