hey fellow first gen riders......I amsure you have covered this a few dozen times but i am fairly new to venture bikes. my back shock holds pressure but my front leaks down. i have checked for leaks and have not found any yet. I have looked on the old post and could not find what i was looking for. Are there other things besides air leaks in the line or fittings. thanks in advance for any suggestions on this matter. On the lighter side I got to do a little riding this week and carried the better half along. She is fairly new to the experence and i think i have her a new nick name "squirmy" She will kill me when she finds out i told you guys lol. thanks for the help guys. steve:7_6_3[1]:

I/m planning on a tech article on a pump rebuild, but I got to get second gear back together first, and then we'll see. In the mean time, check the fittings at the pump, in the back under the luggage carrier, under the rack. I have found some of those to be loose and cause a problem. Keep us posted and we'll help you out.

:sign your welcome:thanks guys I will check it further to make sure i did't miss anything myself. I will also check what you suggested. Just for the sake of argument could it be the fork seals. How easy is it to check? Thanks again guys. Rode alot of other bikes but since i found my VR i have fell

totally in love with riding again. I have had this bike about 6 months. oh yeah my smiley was supposed to say thank you getting in to big a hurry lol. steve almost forgot... it leaks kinda fast

:sign your welcome:thanks guys I will check it further to make sure i did't miss anything myself. I will also check what you suggested. Just for the sake of argument could it be the fork seals. How easy is it to check? Thanks again guys. Rode alot of other bikes but since i found my VR i have fell

totally in love with riding again. I have had this bike about 6 months. oh yeah my smiley was supposed to say thank you getting in to big a hurry lol. steve almost forgot... it leaks kinda fast

If it were the forks seals you would see a lot of oil on the forks because it would push the oil out first, or at least take some oil with it. My guess is still under the trunk rack. It doesn't take that long to check it out.

Guest maddabber

A MTA member and a member of this site had a problem similar to yours. It turned out to be connections in the wiring. He took them apart and cleaned them well and has had no problem since. I believe it was in the main one under the seat area,it was really dirty.:080402gudl_prv:

I had the same problem only it was the rear that would release the air quickly. After tightening,cleaning and replacing just about everything, it turned out to be the solder joints in the air controller. I believe there is a writeup in the technical part of this site explaining how to do this job and what to look for.:2cents: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

All the hose fittings from the pump at rear, have small O-rings seals.

follow the hoses from under the Trunk, to the front. Find the T-fitting at front forks, might be leak in fitting there.

Also, remove handle bars, take Caps off top of Each Fork, there are large rubber O-rings there, could be leaking.

If you replace the Fork Springs, with progressive Suspension Springs, and 10Wt fork oil, you don't have to worry about Air Pressure in the front. I am running 15 Wt. oil now in forks, and they are to Stiff, With NO Air pressure.

took off the trunk and seat....removed cover and checked again for leaks. I noticed that when you switched the switch from rear to front there was a little air let off at the solinoid and pump area. there seemed to be no leaks in the lines all the way to the air breather. have not went any further forward yet. will take advice on checking out the front connections tommorrow. if i remove the handle bars can i get to the T-connector and front fork connections. thanks again for your help. steve:7_6_3[1]: