IGNORED

Passing Lamp installation HELP!

I started to install my passing lamps today and discovered the turn signals don't fit on the "turn signal adaptors". The adaptors are too big for the turn signals. They're not even close! I removed the grommet on the turn signals and they're still not close. What's up with this! Am I screwing up or did the give me the wrong parts?

I just looked at my 97 RSTC and the turn signal mounts are a larger diameter than my Venture. Did they change the Diameter on the newer Venture? mine is an 07.-Jack:bang head:

Well Jack, I don't think they changed a thing on the Venture or you would have had a choice on what year you were ording the passing lamp bar for. Chances are they gave you the wrong bar. See if you can find the number on the one they sent you. I will go and see if I can find the right number that you should have gotten. I assume you ordered the Yamaha brand?

Ok Jack, I had a good meal and here are the numbers.

The mount for 99-08 is STR-4XY35-40-00 $113.21

The lamps are STR-4-XY35-10-00 $89.21 from South Seattle Yamaha Sports Plaza.

I would check with your local Yamaha Dealer and see what they can do, or you may have found a great deal except for the fact you don't have the right bar. Good luck and hope it works out.