IGNORED

Carbs Jetting & Sync....

Gold Rush

I got my 2000 MM RSV all back together after replacing the fuel filter, bumping the carburetor jets up one step, opening up the air box openings, replacing the air filters with K & N, and replacing the intake manifolds. I even have the carbs all pulling together.. Man, you wouldn't believe how far out of sync they were. #1 and #2 were out just a bit and #3 and #4 were out a bit more but the difference between the two sets compared to each other was unbelievable !!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I set the idle rpm to what felt right (no tack) then started tweaking. Got 1 & 2 in sync then 3&4. Had to drop the idle just a tad. When I started adjusting the sided to side sync the idle went through the roof.... I bet that sucker jumped 1000 rpm. Brought it back to earth then tweaked back and forth until all four were pulling the same. Now I anxious to go see what a difference this makes in performance. That will have to wait. I have lots more to do. I'm in the middle of the "Winter Tinker Time"..... :hurts::hurts::hurts:

Folks if you haven't already become good friends with the tech pages - do so before starting any projects. Thank you so much for all the GREAT tips !!!!! If I hadn't looked at the carb sync tip I'd have been there for hours trying to figure out why things weren't working. I'm surprised Yamaha didn't catch that mistake in their shop manual... :confused07: