IGNORED

REAL Biker...or just CRAZY????

Freebird

I thought he was crazy last year when he took off from the west coast in Jan to ride across Canada. But when he made it, the first to ever do it, I classed hin as a real biker. Most of his trip was under the same conditions.

Norm

Guest KitCarson

I would say you have to be crazy to want to do something like that....but a real biker to pull it off.......that is some cold temperatures........most likely cold enough to make plastic shatter........So he is a real crazy real biker!!!

I usually dont comment on stuff like this....but I will on this one. It's great to be independent and think outside the box. But like it was said if he did get in trouble, who would come and get him, and who would pay for it. Hopefully it would just be a thinning of the Gene pool, and they would find his frozen butt in the spring.

It's the same thing with the Idiots that go on lake St. Clair when they know the ice is too thin. Then the Coast Guard has to come and get them because of their stupidity. It does take a big set of brass gonads to even attempt it, but also a huge lack of brains. Perhaps I'm just too old and I really do hate the cold, but this guy is just more than a few bricks shy upstairs :confused24:

So, how many here would've done the ride if he'd called a meet and eat in GB?

Makes me feel like a wuss for getting all whiny when the temp hits 40--a warm, smart, happy wuss.

We're having a great big meet and eat in Green Bay tomorrow. Supposed to be -5F!!! I just got 2 tickets from a friend because it is too cold for them. My son and I will enjoy watching Brett tear apart the frozen Giants.

GO PACK!!!

RR

BTW - Beware of the Adventure Riders website (www.advrider.com). The ride reports are addicting. Because of reading this website, I am actively looking for a Kawasaki KLR650 to do some off road touring. This is nuts.

This morning, our Salt Lake STAR Chapter 152 had a chapter meeting and breakfast. Although not a single person road because of the painfully cold weather, it was still great to meet & eat. But, all of the talk about future rides, etc. just increased my wintertime cabin-feaver. And, today the weatherman predicted snow coming to this area Sunday or Monday which will "be measured in feet, not inches". Ugh! I'm so ready for spring.

My driveway and roads in our neighborhood haven't been clear enough to pull my bike out of the garage since Christmas Eve. Plus, two and a half weeks ago, I had Carpal Tunnel surgery on my right wrist. And, next Tuesday I'm having my left wrist done. So, consequently I hadn't planned on doing any riding for at least a couple of months.

My doctor said that it would take six to eight weeks for each of my wrists to completely heal after the surgery. However, the first one has actually completely healed on the outside, and is feels about 90% better. I have even been wondering if it would feel okay to ride.

So, after reading that story late this afternoon, I looked outside to see the sun shining and noticed that my driveway was clear and dry. So, I figured that it was time to gear-up and see what the nearest canyon looked like.

It was kind of chilly (20 degreesfile:///C:/Users/Pete/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/Pete/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg), but the sun was out and the roads were clear. The canyon ride was beautiful. A true winter wonderland. I even saw a few people standing in the middle of the Provo River, fly-fishing. Wow! Talk about cold. Anyway ..., it was a relatively short ride, only about 45-50 minutes. If I didn't have my Gerbing jacket liner and gloves, I wouldn't have made it more than half that time. But, as short as it was, it was just what I needed. Just thought I would share.

Be Warm! Pete.

i'll ride in the cold,clear weather,maybe 20 f,but snow,rain & ice,foreget it brain slows down to mutch,wild hairs don't work in that weather

did you know that a 1 gen is warmer,with the lowers removed,more warm air flows up around,the legs,& butt,put a cutout pecice of shipping foam,for the fork opening,works pretty good :lightbulb:

Don, thanks for starting this post. I logged into the site and followed the posts; what this guy Paul does is really extra-ordinary. He is one tough&^%&^%.

It is very exciting and I for one am going to follow it further.