IGNORED

School 1967 vs School 2007

6pak

:rant:I thought about putting this in jokes and humor, but sadly, it's really not that funny.....

School 1967 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his own shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lockdown, the FBI is called,Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in to assist traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2007 - Police are called, SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. They are charged with assault and both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra state funding because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows upnormal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares Aspirin with the school principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high-school English.

1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. US Civil Liberties Association files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover Independence Day firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.

1967 - Ants die.

2007 - Homeland Security and the FBI are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the

home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1967 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of bein g a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in federal prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.

True,True.

I have a 16 year old son who knows the system, disipline is just about out of the question. He has thretened me and my wife. If I would ever have hit him, he would have and would go directly to the athorities. I don't know what this country is coming to. AS parents, you don't have any rights.. I would never want to have another child in this day and age.:(:(:(:(

Guest KitCarson

You know that list of things has so much irony and common sense in it. It is exactly how I feel sometimes. Yes we used to get in fistfights in school, I think it was a daily occupation. We all had pocket knives. The whole senior class myself included got expelled one time for sitting under the bridge on the white river and passing a bottle of wine around for lunch!! This was all just normal and good fun.

There is just not one shred of common sense left anymore, I do not know what happened. It just kinda did a sneak attack on us did it not!!

To the one who is having problems with your teenage son. I know exactly what you are talking about.....I had one who was very strong willed. Yes he got into some trouble..yes the system tried to do me in. He actually stole a car and went for a joy ride in it. I went to the judge before his hearing and talked to the judge.........no.......not to get him out of it...no ..no!! I wanted the judge to suspend his drivers license for one year to help me get control of him.......get him out of a car.......keep an eye on him.........the judge let him off with a 100 dollar fine.

I took the gamble one day........no one likes to hit or hurt ones own son. But one day he come home did not know I was in the living room.....and told his mother he was not going to do that and in fact told her he would kill her if she did not just shut up and , he was going to do whatever he wanted to do.........sound familiar??? Tis a product of todays society. I beat that boy till he could not move a finger.......no not with a whip. or stick.......just like a grown man asks for it.....he got it. He hated me for about 4 years.....

Terry is now a grown man. He spent 4 years in the Marine Corps and is now a very respectful and courteous person. He went through a divorce and all that......like unfortunately many service people do......but gained custody of the three kids.........takes care of them.......we help him out a lot.......he talks to me now........understands .........I am very ,very proud of him today. He has done good!!

It is your choice.........but sometimes you have to find a way.....yes society and todays schools and lack of common sense is quite scarey.

I have three grandkids........so far so good.........the public school system does scare me.........it seems to get worse everyday........

Kit

Been thinking about what I just said.....not telling you to hit your son.......that was me.......my circumstance. I am wiser now!! I have learned that just spending time with the kids is most of the time the whole things. What do they like to do........what interests them.....what are the worried or depressed about.........find out.....talk to them........I sure do that now.......I learned my lesson. For sure you cannot count on the system or school to do anything but cause and create disharmony. You will have to do it yourself.....I did not spend enough time with my oldest boy......I was always busy......always working.........yes I had to at the time to get us all through life.....but still I could have made time to talk....listen........and give an occasional hug. Kit

All true...

I graduated in 67...

This path we're on now is not a good picture for future generations, but how do we the people change the road our leaders are taking us down?

Voicing opinions of the majority and majority voting hasn't worked for years. It appears to be too corrupt at the top to make any difference way down here.

You know that list of things has so much irony and common sense in it. It is exactly how I feel sometimes. Yes we used to get in fistfights in school, I think it was a daily occupation. We all had pocket knives. The whole senior class myself included got expelled one time for sitting under the bridge on the white river and passing a bottle of wine around for lunch!! This was all just normal and good fun.

There is just not one shred of common sense left anymore, I do not know what happened. It just kinda did a sneak attack on us did it not!!

To the one who is having problems with your teenage son. I know exactly what you are talking about.....I had one who was very strong willed. Yes he got into some trouble..yes the system tried to do me in. He actually stole a car and went for a joy ride in it. I went to the judge before his hearing and talked to the judge.........no.......not to get him out of it...no ..no!! I wanted the judge to suspend his drivers license for one year to help me get control of him.......get him out of a car.......keep an eye on him.........the judge let him off with a 100 dollar fine.

I took the gamble one day........no one likes to hit or hurt ones own son. But one day he come home did not know I was in the living room.....and told his mother he was not going to do that and in fact told her he would kill her if she did not just shut up and , he was going to do whatever he wanted to do.........sound familiar??? Tis a product of todays society. I beat that boy till he could not move a finger.......no not with a whip. or stick.......just like a grown man asks for it.....he got it. He hated me for about 4 years.....

Terry is now a grown man. He spent 4 years in the Marine Corps and is now a very respectful and courteous person. He went through a divorce and all that......like unfortunately many service people do......but gained custody of the three kids.........takes care of them.......we help him out a lot.......he talks to me now........understands .........I am very ,very proud of him today. He has done good!!

It is your choice.........but sometimes you have to find a way.....yes society and todays schools and lack of common sense is quite scarey.

I have three grandkids........so far so good.........the public school system does scare me.........it seems to get worse everyday........

Kit

Been thinking about what I just said.....not telling you to hit your son.......that was me.......my circumstance. I am wiser now!! I have learned that just spending time with the kids is most of the time the whole things. What do they like to do........what interests them.....what are the worried or depressed about.........find out.....talk to them........I sure do that now.......I learned my lesson. For sure you cannot count on the system or school to do anything but cause and create disharmony. You will have to do it yourself.....I did not spend enough time with my oldest boy......I was always busy......always working.........yes I had to at the time to get us all through life.....but still I could have made time to talk....listen........and give an occasional hug. Kit

By whipping him like that you actually did him a favour.

My daughter got into drugs and started running away. We were foolish enough to report her missing to the police, we had our house searched and were placed on a child abuse registery for our trouble. We finally had to let her go her own way at the age of sixteen and place her in Gods hands so she could suffer the consequences of her own actions.

15 yrs later she is married to a good man and has a beautiful 9 mo old boy. By the grace of God.

A good friend of mine kept getting his son out of trouble paying for lawyers, fines, cars. I tried to tell him he was actually hurting his boy by helping him continue the same behaviour. He understood but kept on for "his wifes sake" the boy was her baby and she couldn't stand to see him suffer. They buried him a few months ago at the age of 25. He's no longer "suffering" anyway.-Jack

If you have read the Bible and believe what is written there, the prophecy for the end of time is that the state will control all people, we will have a one world government and consequently we will have total chaos. Gaining control over all people (well, maybe not all, but enough to take total control) does not happen over night, it takes time and the previous generation would not have let it happen. The next generation seems a lot better suited to be led around by the nose and scared or manipulated into following 'who knows who'. Maybe time to take a listen and realize that we very well may be living in the end of the age. We have not seen a shift in society like the one we are experiencing today, ever. Maybe time to wake up.

JMT

Carl

Kids nowadays just set behind the computer, play video games, watch cable TV, eat junk food and talk on the cell phone. What a bunch of losers. :no-no-no:

I'm glad we had our kids at a young age. Yea, I gave them a couple of spankings. Not out of anger, but because they needed it. Most of the time, just the threat of a spanking would put them in line.

So I guess I'm old school. Nothing burns my butt faster than to hear some kid mouthing off to their parents.

Society has really taken a step back. Getting beat up at school was a learning lesson (make friends with the big kids!). Today's kids hardly know how to interact because they are sequestered in their house playing computer games.

When I was young, we were outside playing baseball and goofing around. My folks didn't know where I was at but we had to be home for dinner or else! Makes me wonder how these kids will be when they grow up.