IGNORED

The bike, trailor and part bike just sit

Ladyrider

I do not know what to do with Tom's bike. It currently sits in a friends garage from church. We had not advertised it, but he was going to park it out front of his house. I feel awful just leaving it sit there. But, I cannot bring it back here. We emptied out the barn to build a cottage, but the construction has stopped on that and now the part bike sits out on a slab of concrete with a tarp over it. I guess it will not be sold this year. I do not trust EBay. I don't have an account there anyway. I asked Jason to post on here and ask what we should do, but he is too busy with everything else he is trying to help me with, with his school and job What to do with my Tom's pride and joy?

An idea...maybe it won't fit for you, but one anyway. When my Dad died this spring we donated his car to a youth organization and they fixed the little things and then sold it. The tax donation receipt was included in Dad's final tax report my sister filled out.

The group came and took the car away and she never had to deal anymore with it.

So if money is not the object maybe you could at this in Tom's name?

And, I cant remember if you've tried to sell it here or not?

I don't know if they have anything like this around (maybe somewhere near Sacramento Sherry), but I found out about this place from one of the guys I rode with, and all it deals with is selling motorcycles on concession. This is where I took my 83, and when the guy told me the price he was going to put on the windshield, I said no way. But a young guy kept on coming in and looking at it (so I was told), and he offered one hundred dollars less than was being asked, and I took it. Never thought I would get that much for the bike. It was 16 1/2 years old with 106,000 on it, but it was very clean, and I guess that's what sold the bike. If you want, I should be able to find out the name and phone number of this place since it's been a long time since I sold my bike. :080402gudl_prv:

Sherry, I can appreciate that it is very difficult to do, but there comes a time when you must let go of the past and move on with your life. You will pobably be best served by parting with some of Tom's things, such as the bike, parts bike, and trailer unless you are planning on using those things yourself. I am not saying get id of eveything at once, nor am I suggesting getting rid of everything of his either I am just suggesting that part of the healing process in getting on with your life should include gradually letting go, and this is one way of accomplishing this.

Yes, I can undestand that this is a very difficult thing to do, but it seems that this thread is about you asking for advice and direction. We have been praying for you, and will continue to do so...

Sherry, I can appreciate that it is very difficult to do, but there comes a time when you must let go of the past and move on with your life. You will pobably be best served by parting with some of Tom's things, such as the bike, parts bike, and trailer unless you are planning on using those things yourself. I am not saying get id of eveything at once, nor am I suggesting getting rid of everything of his either I am just suggesting that part of the healing process in getting on with your life should include gradually letting go, and this is one way of accomplishing this.

Yes, I can undestand that this is a very difficult thing to do, but it seems that this thread is about you asking for advice and direction. We have been praying for you, and will continue to do so...

Diddo to all of that, except for spelling errors.

I am so sorry for your loss. I do think that you are in the right place (this website) for support. I haven't been in the VentureRider family too long, but the support, help, and compassion our members present makes me proud to be a part of the organization. I have yet to be able to really help one of our members, but when the time comes I certainly plan to be there for them. You take care...God Bless...and as some of the members have already stated, time helps the healing process.

Jim T