IGNORED

Westboro Baptist Church

flb_78

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/ap_on_re_us/funeral_protests

BALTIMORE - A grieving father won a nearly $11 million verdict Wednesday against a fundamentalist Kansas church that pickets military funerals out of a belief that the war in Iraq is a punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality.

I personally hopes this completely bankrupts this "church" and ruins this inbred family's life.

Hipshot you are familiar with the Patriot Guard right? The Westboro Baptist Church is the radical group that was the reason for the founding of the Patriot Guard and the unsensitive protesting of the Military Funerals. This is Relevant to Motorcycles and all the PGR members that are among us.

This is indeed very good news!!!

I doubt that this gentleman will ever see a dime of the ruling. But maybe this will wake up a few more people to the hate-mongering this group puts out. I have been on two missions with the Patriot Guard that they have been to. Breaks my heart to see our Flag treated the way it is when these people are at the funerals, along with their using the children of their congregation in the manner they do it. Proud Patriot Guard Rider for the past two years.

Chuckles

Somehow I doubt they will ever pay. The so-called Rev Phelps is dis-bared attorney and has various legal connections in his so-called church (CULT). They will most likely appeal.

However, this is a good first step at getting this guy and his family away from the grieving families of our fallen heroes.

:usa::biker::checkeredflag:

My only hope is that people realize this "church" group is NOT what Christianity is all about. This stuff breaks my heart in several ways. One being the way they treat soldiers (not just the ones that gave it all for our freedom, but their actions are a slam against all our fighting men and women), and the other is the way they use God's name to spread their own brand of hatred.

I know this is a motorcycle forum, so I'll leave it at that.

Please all, be careful out there.

The church, being the body of Christ, is here to bless the world. Somehow I don't see this as being a blessing to others, nor does it testify of the love of the Creator. I'm sure glad there are more Christians than these folk.

Nuff said.

Carl

You are right but these people are not of that cloth. They are more in common with groups like Jim Jones ( Hope I got that right ). remember Jamestown?

As for the award, Though they will never get the award its the point they made and the fact that the Judgement will always be there. After they avoid paying they will seize bank accounts and that will kill any financial dealings they do unless they operate under a bogus name. It will make things very inconvienient for them.

YES!!! :rasberry:

Those creatures deserve everything they get. I've served at several Funerals as a member of the Patriot guard where they showed their rear ends, and it was teribbly hard on the grieving families to have them there. Hitting them in the pocket book will probably do far more to stop them than anything else. It's worked before. The KKK and other racist, or hurtful organizations became just shadows of themselves and even made several close shop after people and the govt went after their pocketbooks. It's hard to move around the country spreading hate and discontent when you can't pay for gas, motel rooms, meals or buy a plane ticket without money.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Steve

If the judgement stands, the family can force a seizure of any church property to satisfy the jusdgement. That includes buildings, property, equipment, and anything else that is owned by the church. I would suspect that would include just about anything this family owns as they probably put it in the name of the chuirch to avoid taxes........:15_8_211[1]:

The father doesn't care about the money. He just wants there "people" to not show up to funerals and disrupt a private service. This lawsuit also opens up all the other families to sue. There may be no money involved, but all of their resources will go to defending themselves now.

This so called church is so off the mark... it makes true Christians sick. How much more does it tear at the heart of God.

God's word (the bible) say in

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Notice the WHOEVER? That means just what it says... whoever. Which include homosexuals. Sure their lifestyle is chosen, wicked, perverse and should be illegal but God still loves them just as much as He loves us. So... he who is without sin, let him through the first stone.

This so called church needs to be shut down before more people are hurt and blame God for their foolishness and lies. This is a perfect example of using the Lords name in vain.

That my take!

I recall a television episode of some cop show where they caught a couple of guys who beat up and robbed a nun. The thugs were being biligerent, and the cops didn't have hard, solid evidence - but knew they did it.

The cops announced to the public they were forced to let these thugs go, and they will be released at such a time, at such a place, and there will be no cops around. The thugs confessed when they saw the crowd of ball bat wielding Catholics outside the precinct house waiting for their release.

I wonder what would happen if the local police advised they will be 'dealing with an event' on the other side of town when these protesting pieces of slug sh*t showed up at a funeral of a fallen hero?

Perhaps a little too much vigilante justice, but there isn't a jury in the world that would convict someone for pounding some sense into these morons.

RR

I wonder what would happen if the local police advised they will be 'dealing with an event' on the other side of town when these protesting pieces of slug sh*t showed up at a funeral of a fallen hero?

RR

That is the kind of thing that they are after. They always have at least one person with a video camera to film anyone that actually takes physical action against them. Then they sue them and that is how they fund most of their crap. Kind of poetic justice that the lawsuit stuff came back to bite them.

Guest KitCarson
My only hope is that people realize this "church" group is NOT what Christianity is all about. This stuff breaks my heart in several ways. One being the way they treat soldiers (not just the ones that gave it all for our freedom, but their actions are a slam against all our fighting men and women), and the other is the way they use God's name to spread their own brand of hatred.

I know this is a motorcycle forum, so I'll leave it at that.

Please all, be careful out there.

Hi Gary: When I came back home from Vietnam, in the airports misguided people would spit on me. These people in some kind of white robe, would dance around us and taunt us. Yes It made me mad at the time......God has always known I am a real rascal......but one day gave me the understanding, do not worry about these kind of people, the only way they gain any progress or can cause any harm is if we pay attention to them. Just ignore them......if by chance they show up at a ceremony, let them do their thing......ignore them.......if they cannot make the evening news, or in some other way become noticed......they are powerless. Kit

All I can say is...It couldn't have happened to better people! They deserve every thing they will get out of this!

The best thing to do is ignore them...it ticks them off even more....they WANT you to swing at them (I guess they really need the money now) They trive on it! They aren't worth it!