IGNORED

Removing Decals

Mariner Fan

WD-40 will remove it, you can also use Goo Be Gone, but I have found the WD to work faster, just spray it on a rag lay the rag on the decal spray some more on the rag (soak it) let it sit a few minutes and the decal should peel off. Repeat directions if as necassary. Clean the area with soap and water when your finished.

I asked on this board before how to remove a car dealerships name decal off the back of my truck before and several people said use heat, like a hair dryer, or use wd40 and let it soak into the decal. I tried both with limited success. Now the decals about half peeled off. Good Luck...

I keep hearing about solvents and removers and etc. but to be honest, I've found that when you wet any of these stickers it just makes a mess. I simply used a razor blade to gently lift one of the corners and just slowly pealed it off. It left no residue and came off clean and in one piece. Maybe I just got lucky.

another way is a little heat and use strong fishing line or dental floss and slide behind it, I know several people that use this method for removing from cars, I am leaving my decals so I have never tested it but have seen the results, just have to use WD to finish off the glue......

Most hair dryers anymore don't get hot enough to do the job. It takes a heat gun to do it. There is a wide window between softening adhesive and stripping paint; nothing to worry about there. Then use the light solvents like mineral spirits to clean off the remaining adhesive.