IGNORED

Rear Cargo Trunk from RSV to Royal Star

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe as my 06 RSTD was totalled when I hit a Bear.

Anyways my buddy has a RSV and I love the trunk on the back of his bike. I am thinking it would fit my RSTD if only I could find one used

or if someone has one here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Guest nemo_gypsy

A BEAR!!! Crap. I hope you are ok. Apparently you are if you already got a new bike. God Bless You Bro.

but did you get a picture of the bike and bear?

Sorry, but didn't have my camera with me when i hit the bear.

Hit him doing 85km with wife on back,wbelieve it or not was

able to keep the bike upright, but the whole one side, front forks

were completely destroyed, about 12,000 damage so I upgraded

to an 07 and here i am wondering if I should have just bought

the RSV instead of the RSTD.......

as I want the intercom/cb/audio option and rear trunk......

already checked ebay, nothing comes up so far.

Keep checking on ebay, I have seen them on there. I have been watching as I was thinking of doing something close to that and the venture has the best looking trunk for the application. I was also thinking of installing the j&m cb system from there web site. The more I visit this site the more I am thinking the venture might be a better fit for what I want. Still keeping my options open for now but leaning more towards the venture everyday.

I had the same problem - wanted to "upgrade" my RSTD with a trunk/fairing with radio/cb. Couldn't find a trunk on EBAY, wanted to buy a Venture trunk. But Yamaha only sells the trunk in a million parts, after page two - $1,700.00 with no speaker kit, I opted for a Harley trunk. Double the capacity.

Now I'm looking into the J & M system. Had I considered how my riding style has changed from "being a kid and looking cool" to cruising and enjoying the roads, I probably would have gone with the Venture.:080402gudl_prv:

i have a rsv trunk on my 05 rstd.very expensive. used plastic,and luggage rack,off ebay,new hardware ,cost total was around $1400,00 .complete trunks are few and far between .saw one on ebay and it went over seven hundred dollars.for what all you want to add you could probably trade for a new rsv.i prefer my rstd because i did'nt want the audio,and i like the removeable windshield for easy cleaning and maintenance.i have a sirrius radio on mine with helmet speakers.bill

I'm looking for the same. Emailed one guy who found a harley tour pack and got it to work on his with yamaha parts. It's a shame yamaha doesn't offer this . I called yamaha and they take note so maybe if enough people call about this we can get one. Good luck and safe riding.

Bob:322:

I have the JC Whitney trunk on mine. It holds the skid lid, but I'm not impressed with it overall. The backrest is thin and cheap, and the plastic parts don't inspire confidence. When I've got a passenger I take it off and put the RSTD backrest on with a tailbag. I've seen the larger trunks on Ebay. They don't seem to have the weather proofing and are silent about that in the descriptions. I may go with a homemade fiberglass trunk in the future. Still thinking about that one though. Might not be worth the effort if a HD tour pack can be had for a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...
Salty bought a RSV and did an amazing job of making a quick disconnect to remove the trunk. He has the best of both worlds.

I notice that he is not a member here since the crash...but he can be found on the venturers site, I think. Same name.

Hey Rick Im still here Buddy! Now that snow is on the ground..i'll be around a bit more! LOL

Thanks for the kind words, Im looking at installing the CB in the LH saddlebag, quick disconnect saddlebags and the Flanders G2 bars.

Thought about the rear lowering kit and the front or sliding the forks up an inch on the front too..We'll see.Always something to play with. I just ran the bike with stabilizer about an hour ago! Winters here!

Salty

Keep checking on ebay, I have seen them on there. I have been watching as I was thinking of doing something close to that and the venture has the best looking trunk for the application. I was also thinking of installing the j&m cb system from there web site. The more I visit this site the more I am thinking the venture might be a better fit for what I want. Still keeping my options open for now but leaning more towards the venture everyday.

Ive had emails asking me to sell my trunk! LOL My luck id I sold it then eventually sell the bike, someone would want that trunk

43000kms on bike...less than 4000 on my trunk!! LOL

Salty

• 2 weeks later...

I have a spare trunk complete with all the hardware but no lock.

Check the classifieds in the next few days and I'll post pics and price.

Feel FREE to email me or PM me until it is posted for sale!!

If you want to see the color click on my profile. It is the same color as the one I have now. The truck will come with a spare lid as the lid on it now has some scratches on the edge.