IGNORED

I installed risers now this....

After installing risers, I how fine my throttle cables are too short when I turn my handlebar hard right. Not bad on a straight run or turning left but tight enough to cause concerns on the right. I would like to re-route the cables in a more direct path but not sure how to go about disconnecting from the throttle grip.

I can only see 1 screw...is that it?

Is there anything I should worry about falling when I take the grip apart?

Looks like I will need to move the master cylindre fluid and brake handle...am I right in my assumption?

Anything I might need to know before I tackle this, please feel free to let me know...

Thanks

Hi guys. I put the 1 1/2 " risers from Barons on my bike shortly after I got it. No issues with the brake hose but the throttle cables seemed tight on a right turn. That was a while ago but it seems to me that I just rerouted the cables a small amount without even disconnecting them. I think I took them out of their guide right close the where they enter the fairing. There's still slight tension on hard rights but I don't think that it's an issue that'll cause any damage. The only time I notice it at all is when I've got it on the lift where the bars can float freely. That's when I can feel a very slight resistance at full right turns. Even then I can feel a little slack in the cables when held to the right.

Cheers;

Rod.

I had the Genmar risers on my '03 for a short time and was able to get a little slack in the cables by snipping one or two zip ties behind the fairing. You may be able to gain a bit more slack by re-routing the cables too.

Had to go with 2" over cables when I went to the Flanders G2 bars and I think that would have been the best fix for the risers as well.

You have to split the throttle box on the handle bars to disconnect the top side of the cables and to get at the other end the tank has to come off and the junction box for the cruise control cable has to come apart. BEWARE, there's one of those "OH SH**T" springs in that box. If you can take it apart without the spring jumping out make sure you take a digital picture of it so you can remember how it goes together.

If you just want to re-route the cables just take the top apart. It's easier then the bottom.

Thanks Gary. That is basically what I was looking for. So there should be no surprises at the top right? That is where I will do my disconnect then.

sarges46

My risers came from Baron. Much nicer already aside from those cables.

Cheers and thanks all for the replies.