IGNORED

Billet Passenger Floorboard Backing Plates

MAINEAC

Yamaha Billet Passenger Floorboard Backing Plates Smooth

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/STR-4NK27-03-01_150.jpg

I had to edit this because ALL the Yamaha Dealers show a picture of the Tour Deluxe Plates for the RSV with an extra hole for the Ignition Switch on the left side. The only site with the right picture is Cruiser Customizing. Mine DO NOT have the extra hole and are the Smooth ones only. Near as I can tell these fit all RSVs, Royal Star Standards, and 96/97 RS Tour. If you don't have your ignition switch on the left plate these will fit. Otherwise you'd have to drill a hole for the ignition and would compromise the chrome. (not recommended)

Here's the link to CruiserCustomising with reveiws.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=6&manufacturer_ID=165&product_ID=3135

I have a bunch of these for sale and will be listing them on eBay for $75-85. I will sell them to members for $65.00 shipped in USA. They are all new and are the smooth model. Some of the packaging/cardboard is a little funky but the plates are not affected.

I take Paypal and/or checks, my e-mail is theeddys@fairpoint.net

I will consider trades and could use a new kickstand.

I also have saddlebag guards for the Royal Star and a couple of Royal Star chrome rotor covers.

I'll be away in Durango, Co for a week ... leaving Labor Day thru Sat.

I have a set of these, and they look AWESOME! This is a GREAT deal folks. It really adds a nice touch to the RSV.

BTW - I have no association with the sale of these, I just wanted to give you my opinion. If anyone would like to see picts, send me a PM or e-mail, I will be more than happy to show what they look like on my '99 RSV.

Yeah, what Christo said. I had them on the 96 Royal Star I had before I bought the RSV and paid quite a bit more than this for them and they look awesome. A great touch. If you want more chrome, you can't go wrong with these and you will not beat the price.

:thumbsup:

Al you got mail

Thanks for the reviews guys.. Cruisercustomizing.com has them for $133 shipped... but their prices are usually high... So. Seattle has them the cheapest but are showing the picture of the Tour Deluxe plates... I don't know if they are showing the wrong picture or if they include a plug for the Ignition switch hole. Has anyone ordered these from So. Seattle? If so did you get the right part?

Yeah Every Yamaha dealer I checked has the TD plates on the RSV page.. I went out to the shed to get the 1st sold plates and looked at my bike and saw the phillips screw hole on the stock black plastic plate didn't match my new chrome ones (I had not installed mine yet) So I paniced and got my tools out to check... I found out it uses one of the 2 plastic grommet holes not the phillips screw hole..and that the Ignition switch for the Tour Deluxe goes in the left plate.. So that was a releif.. Then I checked the picture I posted and spotted the 4th hole on the left plate and the only place with the correct picture was cruisercustomizing.com.

These come with directions and the new allen head screws, nuts, and spacer for the grommet holes.

I used a 1/4" drive ratchet with a #10 socket for the nut... a couple of allen wrenches not sure what sizes.. and a dab of RTV or silicone on the spacer to hold it in the grommet hole... cuz you have your hands full holding the ratchet with the nut in the socket behind the frame at the spacer and holding the plate in position and lining it all up so you can get the screw started by fingers... The left side has a little more room and I was able to hold the nut in one hand and plate/screw in the other ..get it started and put socket on nut to tighten it. I hope this is understandable.. if not it will be when you see it and the directions are pretty straightforward. The RTV really helps though.

I'm waiting for the photos because I'm an idiot and can't, for the life or me, envision where these things go. :confused24: :rotf:

Okay, the pictures would still be nice but I finally figured out where these go. Just had to go look at the bike.

• 2 weeks later...

The Billet backing plates arrived in today's mail. Fortunately, it coincides with a perfect weekend weather forecast. I'll be bolting them on first thing Saturday morning, then heading out for a ride.

Thanks, Mark, for offering them here at a great price!

• 6 months later...
I have a set of these, and they look AWESOME! This is a GREAT deal folks. It really adds a nice touch to the RSV.

BTW - I have no association with the sale of these, I just wanted to give you my opinion. If anyone would like to see picts, send me a PM or e-mail, I will be more than happy to show what they look like on my '99 RSV.

Got a pciture of your bike with by any chance?

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know where I could still pick-up a set of these. I would like new ones if possible, but would settle for used ones if they still look really good.

Apparently, these are currently unavailable from the factory distributor. Hopefully, someone has a set sitting around somewhere.

Thanks guys!

Pete & Sandy