IGNORED

Bike dead in the bike shed!

Damn I hate that. Haven't ridden the RSV for 4 weeks as it's either been to cold or too wet - or I've been too busy. Saturday did a 350kms round trip in the Subie to pick my son up from where he delivered his motorhome to the new owners. Sunday my wife and I drove 200kms in the other direction to deliver him to his fiancee, then we drove 200kms back home. Arrived around 2:30pm and the boss (wife) says, "Well, I'm going to do some more painting on the house, what are you going to do?" WHAT A QUESTION! I already had my jeans on and I was looking at my new bike boots in the corner. Quick as a flash I pulled the boots on, pulled on my vest and my jacket, went out to my bike shed and put on my helmet and gloves, put the key in the ignition of the RSV, turned her on - lights on and a brrrrrrrrrrrrrr of the fuel pump etc. Choke out, hit starter button. Cranked 3 or 4 times, THEN DIED. Ran out of crank, oomph and all the other things it needed to start. Been sitting too long. Off with the seat, off with the negative cable, on with the charger - and 4 hours later lots of power. But- it's now dark and too damned cold to do anything. So, I put it back together, went inside and had a couple of beers. Oh well, some other day maybe? Damn I hate that!

Next time either boost it with the cage or just let it charge for about ten minutes, then with the charger still running, get on it and start it up. It should go with the extra 'boost' coming from the charger, unless you only have a trickle charger, then you're stuck with a boost from the cage. I just think you really wanted stay home and watch the painter work.:whistling:

With all that recent rideing, it should not be dead, Unless the battery is " failing internally " Sounds like you just need a new battery.

Give battery a good charging, let site overnite, and recheck the voltage without engine running. If it has dropped below 12V, its on its last leg.

Get a new Odyessy, PC-680 ! and a Charger that will charge at a constant 2 to 6 Amp rate.

MAN !! !!

I just readed " Biker Dead in the Bike Shed! " ...

Please don't do that to me no more ....

As for your non-Start ... i second Marcarl's Statement

Hey Squeeze - that's BIKE (I repeat BIKE) not BIKER!

Sheesh. You scared me back. :rotf::rotf:

With all that recent rideing, it should not be dead, Unless the battery is " failing internally " Sounds like you just need a new battery.

Give battery a good charging, let site overnite, and recheck the voltage without engine running. If it has dropped below 12V, its on its last leg.

Get a new Odyessy, PC-680 ! and a Charger that will charge at a constant 2 to 6 Amp rate.

That was the problem George - there has been NO riding for many weeks and it's been as cold as blazes. Battery seems fine now. Might ride her to work tomorrow.

But Charge it with a Real Charger,

NOT a battery tender.

2 Amps, for 8 to 10 hours

I do use a REAL battery charger - 4amp model.

Battery mustn't have been too bad, as after 3 hours she was back up to strength.