IGNORED

Petcock Handle Needed

Most of the 1stGen old timers on this board just leave it on reserve and start looking when the trip hits 150. That's generally 2 hrs in the saddle and time to get gas, stretch the legs, take a nap, get a drink, or pee.

Most of the 1stGen old timers on this board just leave it on reserve and start looking when the trip hits 150. That's generally 2 hrs in the saddle and time to get gas, stretch the legs, take a nap, get a drink, or pee.

Good advice and it ensures any moisture that settles out in the tank gets drained away to the gas filter. I'm on my 2nd tank as the bottom rusted out of the original.

Good advice and it ensures any moisture that settles out in the tank gets drained away to the gas filter. I'm on my 2nd tank as the bottom rusted out of the original.

This time around add a few ozs. of a alcohol based de-icer or conditioner and that won't happen. The alcohol keeps the moisture suspended in the fuel and not settle to the bottom of the tank. That said I wonder with this 15% ethanol if it might do the same thing?? You might have also noticed lately that you're not getting the same gas milage as you were a year ago... That's the 15%. I know my truck's gas milage has gone to hell in a hand basket... So has my kids vehicles...

This time around add a few ozs. of a alcohol based de-icer or conditioner and that won't happen. The alcohol keeps the moisture suspended in the fuel and not settle to the bottom of the tank. That said I wonder with this 15% ethanol if it might do the same thing?? You might have also noticed lately that you're not getting the same gas milage as you were a year ago... That's the 15%. I know my truck's gas milage has gone to hell in a hand basket... So has my kids vehicles...

Roger. At least in Canada, one can generally get ethanol-free gas when buying Premium (High Test). Always was in the habit of burning that anyway. Get right around 40 mpg