IGNORED

Our first 1700 KMS trip

We just got back from our first 1700 KMS trip on our Star Venture .We were loaded probably a bit heavy. The bike out handled my 2001 Wing hands down in the corners did not ever think a bike could have a better ride and feel than the Wing but this one does for me at least. As for heat issues the air management works very good we rode in 32-36 degrees Celsius you can feel the heat when you have to stop at a light or for some construction but as soon as you are going it is gone also we were riding in some hot and very humid weather. When we left Thunder bay in the morning to come home it was 3 degrees Celsius and there was frost on the cars beside us and a little on our cover appreciated having lower vents closed kept my legs comfortable. As for the informant system it is very easy to control heated seats and grips from the handle bar switches my wife enjoyed her heated seats very much that morning .Now as for gas mileage with 2 up and cargo we got a whopping 49 miles to the imperial gallon very impressed our average speed was from 100-110 KMS a hour this bike also handles the wind much better then the wing passing semis it sits rock solid. After 40 years of riding a Goldwing I am very pleased with the switch to this machine. Not complaining about the Wing’s I have owned as they have been bullet proof But I am 6.3 and it is very nice feeling to be able to stretch out my legs on the highway pegs without having them rub on the fairing as they did on the Wing also just riding without using highway pegs my legs were not curled back. Will be taking a 6000 KMS trip latter this summer will post results from that trip also. Safe riding to everyone this summer. There is no better feeling than riding rain or shine it is the only way to see the country.

I'm glad to hear that your comfortable on the bike at your height. I have 2 inches on you standing at 6' 5". I did take a test ride when the factory truck came through this area a couple of weeks ago. My legs have most of my height but I felt I had enough room and was comfortable. The handlebars were a bit low for my liking but they can be adjusted up easily.

I plan on buying the Eluder this December. I retired last year but I am going back to work this summer in order to afford buying it. I currently ride the Stratoliner. I loved the bike but it felt crude after riding the Eluder.

I'm glad to hear that your comfortable on the bike at your height. I have 2 inches on you standing at 6' 5". I did take a test ride when the factory truck came through this area a couple of weeks ago. My legs have most of my height but I felt I had enough room and was comfortable. The handlebars were a bit low for my liking but they can be adjusted up easily.

I plan on buying the Eluder this December. I retired last year but I am going back to work this summer in order to afford buying it. I currently ride the Stratoliner. I loved the bike but it felt crude after riding the Eluder.

Once you put the highway pegs on you can stretch out your legs for the long haul.