IGNORED

Tank replacement

I have the grey 18 Star Venture TC and about a month ago I noticed a couple very small cloudy spots near the back of the tank, where my right leg would touch. I tried wipe them off, when the got wet they disappeared but right after drying they would come right back......they were actually under the clear coat. I took my bike in and the dealer took pictures and now I was told that they will replace my tank for me. Not sure how long it will take for the tank to come in but its completely covered by Yamaha. If you looked at my bike, you can hardly notice it and might think they are water stains or miss them altogether...but they are there and in my case only on the right side. Guess it has happened to others as well.....on FaceBook I have seen where others have had their tanks replaced also.

I did not cause these to happen...... it is a paint defect...under the clearcoat. Also if you have this issue, don't try any abrasive method yourself to clear them or you might risk being told you caused them. Just go to your dealer and let them make a claim.