IGNORED

Digital photos

Woody

On my PC I have folders by subjects for the most part. Then I have a "download" folder which is where my phone pics go. But that is a hot mess. All the pics on the phone have like a 8 digit code for a name. So you have to go in and change that.

I have a folder labeled "original images" and folders inside that labeled by the month and year, or event if applicable. I always leave originals untouched there as digital negatives and make copies to process for posting or printing. The copies go in folders corresponding to the subject, like family images, outdoor images, bike, etc., or by event.

these are all good ideas and kinda sorta what I do, but how would you label this pic so as to know the people in it? 20170823_175810.jpg I thought about doing it in paint and put names directly on the picture. one thing that brought this up was the passing of a grandparent and now we are going through some old pictures and planning on scanning them in the computer.

I organize by year first so in pictures I have 2002, 2003, 2004 etc then inside those folders I use either the dates or the event if it's big enough like trips or weddings etc. Then I backup the years to DvDs. This way come January i only have one year to back up. When I started doing that it was CDs but after a couple of years and my wife getting into photography it turned into DvDs quickly.. I got my first digital camera in 02 so that is where I started.. BUT recently acquired a slide scanner so now i go back to 1979..