IGNORED

Anyone had to adjust the drive belt yet

Was wondering anyone had to adjust belt I have 4500 kms on mine and manual says check every 4000 kms still looks good but wondering if anyone else has had to have it adjusted yet .Taking a trip to Thunder bay next weekend then to BC in July

Was wondering anyone had to adjust belt I have 4500 kms on mine and manual says check every 4000 kms still looks good but wondering if anyone else has had to have it adjusted yet .Taking a trip to Thunder bay next weekend then to BC in July
Havent gotten that far on my Venture yet, but my Roadliner made it to 16,000 miles before the belt needed to be adjusted. It didnt need it again until the 48,000 mile service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Havent gotten that far on my Venture yet, but my Roadliner made it to 16,000 miles before the belt needed to be adjusted. It didnt need it again until the 48,000 mile service.

Thank you for your info coming from a Gold wing never had a belt drive before.

Thank you for your info coming from a Gold wing never had a belt drive before.
This is my third bike with belt drive and I've never had an issue with them at all. You can usually tell when they need adjustment , it will feel a little "jerky" taking off from a stop.

Hey Zoeydog, I just finished my 8,000 mile service and no adjustment has been needed to the belt. I ride it pretty hard too, so I hope that helps.

Hey Zoeydog, I just finished my 8,000 mile service and no adjustment has been needed to the belt. I ride it pretty hard too, so I hope that helps.

Thank you that does help not having a belt drive before was not sure9

I rode a Victory Vision 38,000 miles before getting my SVTC. The belt needed adjustment maybe 5 times in ten years. Those kevlar-reinforced belts are supposedly good for eighty thousand miles or so. Mine showed no signs of significant wear. As with any belt, the stretch a bit with time and use, but a little loose is better than too tight, which causes premature bearing and pulley wear. Get the belt tension gauge and check it yourself every month or so and set your mind at ease. Best of luck.