IGNORED

Lowrider Royal star

I've been toying around with the idea of making my 05 RSTD a lowrider style bagger, or softail style. Our bikes are the direct competition to the Harley Road king, so why should they have all the fun.

I have a set of 16 inch narrow apes from khrome werk and I'm looking on Ebay for fishtail slip on exhaust. The only part I'm kicking around is keeping the bags on or riding bagless.[ATTACH=CONFIG] 112950[/ATTACH]harley-davidson-road-king-awesome-modifikasi-harley-davidson-touring-dan-klasik-di-tahun-2017-of.jpg

S-436-True-Dual-Crossover.jpg

I can see how some may resist; but the 1st pic is simply stunning!

I assume you don't use this ride for touring, rather shortish weekend rides.

I would not let my best, favorite girlfriend, talk me out of the side bags!

Nice job!

Patch

PS I personally prefer a differ tail tip, too 50s for me, a small twin or single for me... but She's a certainly hot

dbtgallery.php.jpg

That pic might just be the tipping point to put the 12" mini apes on my 05 RSTD. I do have a lowering kit plus am running a BFG CT so it is LOW. No air in the front suspension also.

I have done quite a few trips with it this way, I just air up the shock to 50 psi and all is good.

I have the apes from khrome werks, $74 on Amazon, and they have a tendency to have a shorter end rise. So installed the 16's are 13's, the with some rerouting I shouldn't have to extend any cables or wiring. Dog bone lowering kit is about $180 installed. The only thing I'm not sure about is the exhaust. I do know Samson will fit our bikes with a modified exhaust bracket, but they are expensive even used. The sub $200 slip-ons on Ebay look questionable aswell.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112954

That pic might just be the tipping point to put the 12" mini apes on my 05 RSTD. I do have a lowering kit plus am running a BFG CT so it is LOW. No air in the front suspension also.

I have done quite a few trips with it this way, I just air up the shock to 50 psi and all is good.

What is the BFG CT?

I can see how some may resist; but the 1st pic is simply stunning!

I assume you don't use this ride for touring, rather shortish weekend rides.

I would not let my best, favorite girlfriend, talk me out of the side bags!

Nice job!

Patch

PS I personally prefer a differ tail tip, too 50s for me, a small twin or single for me... but She's a certainly hot

I had a Vstar 650 with 18's that I use to spend hours riding with no issues. Also the ride on the RSTD is so much nicer

Had the Samson fishtails on my RSV they looked awesome and the chrome is beautiful. They were too loud for me, bet if you look around you can find a pretty good deal on a used set. Both bikes look sweet, would love to have that harley front wheel on my trike!

When my health gets alittle better need to get together for a ride, Allentown is only about 40mins from me.

Craig

I have the apes from khrome werks, $74 on Amazon, and they have a tendency to have a shorter end rise. So installed the 16's are 13's, the with some rerouting I shouldn't have to extend any cables or wiring. Dog bone lowering kit is about $180 installed. The only thing I'm not sure about is the exhaust. I do know Samson will fit our bikes with a modified exhaust bracket, but they are expensive even used. The sub $200 slip-ons on Ebay look questionable aswell.

When you lower the RSTD, you need to relocate the rear caliper also, and that should be with the kit.